Collection of 10 Best Barfi Recipes – Barfi is basically a milk based fudge. Traditionally the base is always khoya. However even condensed milk, milk powder or milk or dry fruits can be used to make barfis. There are many variations of making barfi with various ingredients.
Khoya or mawa which is often used to make barfis in the traditional way is not available easily everywhere. But khoya can be easily made at home. Preparing khoya is easy but does take time. If you plan to make khoya at home, then you can check this Homemade khoya recipe.
In this post, I am sharing a collection of barfi recipes popular with the readers. If you are planning to make sweets or desserts then you can also check these Recipes collections:
- Kheer recipes
- Ladoo recipes
- Halwa recipes
- 10 Quick and easy sweets
- Eggless chocolate recipes
- 10 best eggless cakes recipes
Collection of 10 Best Barfi Recipes
1. Barfi recipe – a really easy and quick basic recipe of barfi made with khoya or mawa. This recipe just takes about 20 minutes right from the preparation to the cooking.
2. Kaju katli – thin, smooth, melt in the mouth slices of cashew goodness. One of the most popular Indian sweet made with cashews and sugar.
3. Coconut burfi – an easy step by step recipe of coconut barfi made with condensed milk. These coconut barfis have a melt in the mouth soft texture. You can also make coconut ladoos with the same mixture.
4. Mysore pak – a popular and famous sweet from mysore and made with just three main ingredients – besan, ghee and sugar.
5. 7 cup burfi – easy and delicious South Indian sweet that can be made for any festive or religious occasion. 7 cup barfi includes 7 cups or 7 measures of ingredients. It is also called as 7 cup cake.
6. Besan burfi recipe – traditional Indian sweet of a rich and delicious barfi made with gram flour, sugar and ghee. it is one of those traditional sweets that is loved by everyone including kids.
7. Paneer barfi recipe – easy to prepare paneer barfi with cottage cheese (paneer), condensed milk and cream.
8. Easy 20 Minute Kaju Khoya barfi – this is a quick kaju mawa barfi. The barfi tastes almost like kaju katli, but due to mawa or khoya it tastes more rich and soft in texture.
9. Badam pista barfi recipe – quick to prepare barfi with almonds, pistachios and khoya. with the goodness of almonds and pistachios, this barfi is easy to prepare and just takes about 20 to 25 minutes. The recipe can also be doubled.
10. Dry fruits barfi – a simple and easy recipe to make dry fruit barfi. I have not added any sugar in the recipe. The sweetness comes from dates, figs and raisins. There is absolutely no need to add any sugar in this recipe. This is a guilt free sweet that you can enjoy any time.