I am back to blogging as a few projects of mine have got completed and now I have some spare time to start blogging again. This Italian Garlic Mushroom recipe is for a request I got, to post some recipes which uses Olive oil ( Jaitoon ka tel in Hindi ).
My first recipe is an Italian one. I discovered this dish in “Il Fungo Magico” – an Italian restaurant in Koregaon Park – a suburb of Pune – Maharashtra.
This is an easy and quick recipe made with mushrooms and herbs. As a variation, you could also add baby corns to give it a different and unique angle. Adding baby corns makes the dish great and awesome. Without baby corns too this dish tastes great.
Ingredients needed for Italian Garlic Mushroom Recipe:
- 1 packet of fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp mixed herbs consisting of thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary etc
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mozarella cheese or regular cheese – optional
- 1 finely chopped onion – optional
Method for making Italian Garlic Mushroom Recipe:
- Clean and chop the mushrooms.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil.
- Add garlic and saute it for a minute. You can add the chopped onion at this stage and saute them till they are transparent.
- Now add the mushrooms
- Saute the mushrooms. The mushrooms will loose water and shrink in size.
- Add the black pepper powder, mixed herbs and salt.
- Mix these well with the mushrooms. When the mushrooms are well browned and have enough shrunk in size, it means they have got cooked.
- Remove the garlic mushroom from pan and serve with garlic bread.
- Put a topping of the garlic mushroom on the garlic bread. Top with mozarella cheese and bake or microwave in the oven till the cheese melts.
- You can also serve the garlic mushroom wrapped in tortillas. Or you could also serve it with rotis or toasted bread or even buns.
- This dish can also be served as a side dish.
You might also like to check these other Mushroom Recipes:
- Mushroom Rice
- Mushroom Vindaloo
- Mushroom and Spinach Cream Sauce
- Mushroom Manchurian – Step by Step
- Indo Chinese – Quick Chilli Mushroom
- South Indian Mushroom & Peas Curry
- Penne with Tomato Mushroom and Olives
- Dhingri Dolma : Awadhi Mushroom Paneer Recipe