Italian Garlic Mushroom Recipe in Olive Oil - This is an easy and quick recipe made with mushrooms and herbs. As a variation, you could also add baby corns to give it a different and unique angle. Adding baby corns makes the dish great and awesome. Without baby corns too this dish tastes great.
I am back to blogging as a few projects of mine have got completed and now I have some spare time to start blogging again. This Italian Garlic Mushroom recipe is for a request I got, to post some recipes which uses Olive oil ( Jaitoon ka tel in Hindi ).
My first recipe is an Italian one. I discovered this dish in “Il Fungo Magico” – an Italian restaurant in Koregaon Park – a suburb of Pune – Maharashtra.
If you are looking for more Mushroom Recipes then do check Mushroom Rice, Mushroom Vindaloo, Mushroom and Spinach Cream Sauce, Mushroom Manchurian, Quick Chilli Mushroom, Mushroom & Peas Curry and Dhingri Dolma.
Italian Garlic Mushroom Recipe below:
- 1 packet of fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp mixed herbs consisting of thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary etc
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mozarella cheese or regular cheese – optional
- 1 finely chopped onion – optional
- Clean and chop the mushrooms.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil. Add garlic and saute it for a minute. You can add the chopped onion at this stage and saute them till they are transparent.
- Now add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms. The mushrooms will loose water and shrink in size.
- Add the black pepper powder, mixed herbs and salt.
- Mix these well with the mushrooms. When the mushrooms are well browned and have enough shrunk in size, it means they have got cooked.
- Remove the garlic mushroom from pan and serve with garlic bread.
- Put a topping of the garlic mushroom on the garlic bread. Top with mozarella cheese and bake or microwave in the oven till the cheese melts.
- You can also serve the garlic mushroom wrapped in tortillas. Or you could also serve it with rotis or toasted bread or even buns. This dish can also be served as a side dish.