This 15 Minutes Butter mushroom is a super quick, easy and yum recipe of white button mushrooms sautéed with butter, garlic and herbs. Made with only 6 ingredients but packed with full flavor. The recipe is also Gluten-Free.
It is one of those Mushroom recipes that I like to make for a quick brunch or lunch. It gets done within 15 to 20 minutes.
The recipe is similar to the way I make this Herbed Italian Garlic mushroom.
This butter mushroom recipe is so simple, easy and fuss free that even a beginner can make it.
You can serve butter mushrooms topped on toasts or with a wrap or taco. They also taste good as a stuffing for sandwiches or pita bread.
I usually make this dish and serve with Indian Flatbread. You can also serve them as a side dish with any main course. You can even just have them as a snack.
How to make butter mushroom in herbed garlic sauce
1. Firstly rinse or wipe the mushrooms and then chop them. Then on low heat, add 2 tablespoons butter in a pan.
2. Keep the flame to low, so that the butter does not get burnt.
3. Add 1 tablespoon chopped garlic.
4. saute till the raw aroma of garlic goes away. No need to brown the garlic.
5. Now add the button mushrooms.
6. Stir and saute them on a low to medium flame.
7. Initially, the mushrooms will leave a lot of water.
8. continue to saute them till all the water evaporates.
9. Once all the water has evaporated, add 1 teaspoon dried herbs, ¾ to 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper and salt. You can add any dried herb of your choice. I added 1 teaspoon dried oregano. If using fresh herbs, then add about 2 teaspoons of them. You can use fresh herbs like coriander, basil or parsley. You can even add mint leaves. if you have used salted butter, then add less salt.
8. Mix well. switch off the flame.
9. Serve butter mushroom plain or accompanied with bread or Indian flatbreads.
If you are looking for more mushroom recipes then do check:
P.s – the color difference in the step wise photos and final pics, is due to the lighting in my kitchen.
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Butter Mushroom (in Herbed Garlic Sauce)
- 200 grams white button mushrooms
- 10 grams garlic or 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter, salted or unsalted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil or dried herbs - can also add 2 teaspoons of fresh parsley or coriander leaves or fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, crushed or ¾ to 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper - add as required
- salt as per taste
- Firstly rinse or wipe the mushrooms and then chop them.
- On a low heat, add 2 tablespoons butter in a pan. Keep the flame to low, so that the butter does not get burnt.
- Add 1 tablespoon chopped garlic and saute till their raw aroma of garlic goes away.
- Now add the button mushrooms. Stir and saute them on a low to medium flame. Initially the mushrooms will leave lot of water.
- Continue to saute them till all the water evaporates.
- Once all the water has evaporated, add 1 teaspoon dried herbs, 3/4 to 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper and salt. You can add any dried herb of your choice. I added 1 teaspoon dried oregano. If using fresh herbs, then add about 2 teaspoons of them. You can use fresh herbs like coriander, basil or parsley. You can even add mint leaves. If using salted butter, then add less salt.
- Mix well. Switch off the flame.
- Serve garlic butter mushroom plain or accompanied with bread, rotis or parathas.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later