badam pista lassi recipe with step by step photos – lassi is a chilled beverage, prepared from fresh curd, sugar and cardamom powder. lassi is popular as a cooling drink in most parts of north india and specially in punjab and haryana. usually lassi is made during the summer season.
this recipe of badam pista lassi is a variation to the plain lassi recipe. addition of badam and pista gives a nice nutty flavor and taste to the lassi. for those who do not know – in hindi ‘badam’ means almond and ‘pista’ is pistachio.
lassi taste best when served in kulhad/terra cotta cups. but if you don’t have them just serve in glasses. best part of lassi is that you could make it ahead of time and refrigerate. traditionally the lassi were churned with the help of a wooden churner called ‘madani’. if you don’t have madani just blend in a mixer or blender.
there are many variations to make lassi. some people mix curd with milk, some mix curd with chilled water or ice cubes. here i have used thick yogurt with milk and sugar. i have not used cream so this is a lighter version of lassi. no lassi is complete without the touch of cardamom powder. some people also add rose water and saffron but its optional. obviously, for badam pista lassi i have used pistachios and almonds but you could also add cashews to the lassi.
being grown up in mumbai and then staying in north india for some time, i have got to taste some of the best lassi. in india you get a variety of lassi like chocolate lassi, paan lassi, salted lassi, rose lassi, mango lassi, strawberry lassi and cardamom lassi.
badam pista lassi recipe card below :
- 1.5 cups chilled fresh curd (yogurt or dahi)
- 1 cup chilled milk
- ½ cup sugar or add as per taste
- 2 tablespoon chopped pistachio (pista) Or 7 to 8 pistachios finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds (badam) Or 7 to 8 almonds finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon green cardamom powder (choti elaichi powder)
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 1 to 2 almonds, thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 pistachios, thinly sliced
- few saffron strands (kesar) - optional
first chop the almonds and pistachios.
then in a blender or mixer, add all the ingredients mentioned under the list heading "for badam pista lassi"
blend for 20 to 30 seconds or till the lassi appear creamy, smooth and frothy.
pour into glasses, garnish with saffron and chopped nuts. serve badam pista lassi.
how to make badam pista lassi recipe:
1. keep all the ingredients ready for making badam pista lassi like fresh chilled curd, chilled milk, sugar, cardamom powder. also chop the almonds and pistachios.
2. in a blender or mixer jar, add 1.5 cup thick chilled curd/yogurt, 1 cup chilled milk, ½ cup sugar, 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios, 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder and 1 teaspoon of rose water (optional).
3. blend for 20 to 30 seconds or till the lassi appear creamy, smooth and frothy.
4. pour the lassi into glasses, garnish with saffron and chopped nuts. serve badam pista lassi. if not serving immediately, then you can refrigerate. garnish while serving later.
This post was last modified on April 14, 2017, 1:31 pm