collection of 19 delicious salad recipes – easy, quick and healthy vegetarian salad recipes. i have shared veggie salad recipes both from the world cuisine as well as indian cuisine.
salads are one of the healthiest food options you can add to your meals. it is a very good practice to include vegetable salad every day in your diet. being made with fresh veggies or fruits, they are flavorful and nutritious. they also add lot of variety in terms of taste, texture and flavor to the whole meal.
there are so many varieties of veg salads that one can prepare, right from traditional salads to quick & easy salads.
here, i am sharing collection of 19 veg salad recipes which are already posted on the blog, so that it is easier for you to find them in one place. i will keep on updating this post as i share more salad recipes. you can also check these popular recipes collections:
collection of 19 veg salad recipes
1. vegetable salad recipe – healthy and light summer salad with fresh raw veggies and nuts and seeds. the freshness of the raw veggies, the crispness of the roasted nuts and flavors of fresh herbs come together in one healthy bowl. the recipe of this lovely fresh crisp salad is mentioned below right at the end of the post.
2. fruit salad recipe – a tropical fruit salad with sweet fruits. as a topping on the fruits, some roasted cashew nuts, almonds and walnuts are added for additional texture and crunch.
3. pasta salad recipe – soft-cooked pasta with crunchy veggies. a simple and easy pasta salad recipe and makes for a quick brunch or meals in between.
4. russian salad recipe – this veg russian salad is easy to make salad recipe and is quite popular. i have not added eggs and the salad is made from boiled vegetables and eggless mayonnaise.
5. sprouts salad recipe – very easy as well as a very healthy salad recipe made with moong sprouts, onions, tomatoes, indian spices and herbs. you can be really innovative in making this salad spicy, crunchy, tangy or sweet.
6. corn salad recipe – easy recipe of salad made with sweet corn, cucumber, onion and spices + herbs. i have used fresh sweet corn. though even tinned corn be used. but i do suggest using fresh corn as the taste is better with fresh corn.
7. potato salad recipe – a mildly sweet and tangy potato salad with the smoothness of the potatoes coated with a silken mayonnaise dressing. the textures are soft and crunchy – onions and celery add a nice crunch in the salad.
8. carrot sambharo recipe – spiced carrot salad with green chillies from gujarati cuisine. this is a stir-fried salad where the carrots are sauteed with mustard and green chillies. green chillies add some heat and spice to the salad. the flavors of fried mustard seeds also enhance the taste. the plus point of this recipe is the crunchiness of the carrots. they are cooked but not completely and this is what gives a lot of texture and bite in the dish.
9. kosambari salad recipe – kosambari is a simple and easy to assemble south indian salad recipe. two lentils which are commonly used are moong lentils and bengal gram (chana dal). veggies like carrots or cucumber are also added. addition of fresh coconut is one of the highlights in kosambari and it does make a lot of difference to the final dish.
10. kachumber salad recipe – kachumber is onion-tomato-cucumber salad tossed with indian spices and herbs. this indian salad recipe is packed with punch and flavors.
11. cherry tomato salad – simple, easy, delicious cherry tomato salad that makes for a light side dish or meal for summers. this cherry tomato salad recipe is healthy, gut-friendly, gluten-free and vegan.
12. aloo anardana salad recipe – this salad is basically made from two ingredients – potatoes and pomegranate. spiced with tangy indian spices. tart, sweet & tangy potato pomegranate salad recipe.
13. onion ring salad recipe – easy and quick salad made with thin onion rings. these lachcha onions are basically thinly sliced onion rings spiced with lemon juice, red chilli powder and salt. so you can quickly make these lachcha onions at home to go as an accompaniment with a north indian meal.
14. khamang kakdi recipe – a delicious lightly spiced crunchy cucumber salad from the maharashtrian cuisine. cucumber, fresh coconut, roasted peanuts, lemon juice & green chillies are tempered with mustard & curry leaves. so you can imagine what tastes, flavors & textures this cucumber salad must be having.
15. mango salad recipe – sour, spiced and mildly sweet salad made with unripe mangoes, chopped onions and spices. ‘khatta’ or sour-tasting mangoes are complementing the slight pungency & sweetness of the onions. the spices like roasted cumin powder and chilli powder also perk up the flavors.
16. avocado salad – avocado salad with lightly spiced yogurt dressing with indian flavors. a simple, light side dish for the summers.
17. vegan fruit salad – indian fruit salad with cashew cream. cashew cream is a nothing but smoothly blended and whipped cashews.
18. ensaladilla rusa – an easy spanish vegetarian salad recipe. this is a quick recipe you can make when you have a hankering for veggies and want to make something quick, yet nutritious and healthy. the salad can be served with any bread of your choice.
19. herbed potato salad recipe – easy, simple and healthy potato salad with mixed fresh herbs. for the herbs you can use your favorite herbs or your choice of fresh herbs. i have used a mix of basil, parsley and celery. dried herbs can also be added instead of fresh herbs.
below i am sharing a super easy vegetable salad recipe made with juicy, crunchy vegetables, lightly roasted nuts and seeds. this vegetable salad recipe is healthy and nutritious.
veg salad recipe
- 2 cucumbers - medium-sized
- 2 carrots (gajar) - medium-sized
- 1 white radish (mooli) - small and tender
- 2 to 3 scallions or spring onions - small sized
- 1 large tomato
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 or 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- ½ tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds (badam), optional
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashews or whole cashews (kaju)
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios (pista)
- 1 tablespoon walnuts
for vegetable salad dressing
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ to 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 fresh basil leaves - chiffonade or chopped
- ½ to 1 teaspoon herbes de provence or add as required
- 1 teaspoon celery - finely chopped
- black pepper as required
- salt as required
- rinse the veggies. then peel and chop the carrots, radish and cucumber in small cubes or bite-sized pieces.
- finely chop the spring onions. chop the tomatoes. take all the chopped vegetables in a mixing bowl.
- heat a pan and on a low flame dry roast all the nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios) till crisp and lightly browned. keep aside.
- on a low flame, dry roast all the seeds (sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds) one by one till they pop up and become crisp. keep aside
- in a small bowl, add all the dressing ingredients. whisk very well.
- add the dressing to the mixed chopped veggies.
- toss well so that the veggies are coated with the dressing. spoon vegetable in serving bowls or platters. garnish with the roasted seeds and nuts.
- serve the vegetable salad.