this mango banana fig smoothie recipe obviously has mangoes and bananas in it….. but the flavor and taste of figs totally overshadow the fruits.
there is no sugar used in this sweet and crunchy vegan smoothie. this is a heavy and filling smoothie. i have also used cashew milk to make the smoothie. however you can also use almond milk or dairy milk.
the mangoes and bananas contribute to the sweetness along with the figs. there are tiny bits of figs in the smoothie and these add some crunch in the smoothie. overall you will get to taste a sweet and smooth healthy drink with small pieces of figs to bite into.
we love figs, both fresh and dry and i try to include figs in our smoothie and milkshakes. you can safely include dry figs in milkshakes specially in dry fruit milkshake or can make fresh figs milkshake. i have also shared figs smoothie and fig jam which were made using fresh figs. the jam was very delicious.
if you are looking for similar recipes then do check:
mango banana figs smoothie
INGREDIENTS FOR mango banana figs smoothie (1 CUP = 250 ML)
- 2 medium sized alphonso mangoes or any other sweet mango variety
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 8 to 10 dried figs or as required
- ½ cup almond milk or cashew milk or regular milk
- ice cubes optional
HOW TO MAKE mango banana figs smoothie
- peel and chop the mangoes and bananas.
- add the chopped fruits and dried figs in a powerful blender.
- pour the milk in the blender.
- and blend till smooth.
- pour the banana mango smoothie in tall glasses
- and serve immediately.