garlic bread rolls recipe with step by step photos – soft and delicious bread rolls with a flavor of garlic in each bite. this eggless garlic bread rolls are made with whole wheat flour.
these garlic bread rolls were inspired from nag’s blog edible garden and ever since i saw them, i had to make them.
after baking the garlic bread rolls, i have made different kinds of bread rolls many times… like pesto rolls and cinnamon rolls. i have experimented making the rolls with a whole wheat bread dough, brown bread dough as well as pizza dough.
last time when i had made focaccia, i had kept some part of the dough to make basil pesto rolls and they were too good. any bread roll makes for a good brunch or a tea time snack. you can also check these similar recipes:
to make these garlic bread rolls, i have used my own recipe. i have used here nutralite for making the garlic spread. you can use dairy butter or vegan butter. i still had some nutralite left after i had made the garlic bread, so decided to add them to these rolls.
since i am a visual person, i better understand in pictures when words such as rolling, folding etc are concerned. pictures speak louder and larger than words. along with nags, there is one more blog that helped me as far as illustrative pics are concerned… and that is divya’s easy cooking.
these garlic bread rolls are made with whole wheat flour and just a little of all purpose flour. but you can make them with all purpose flour/maida or with half-half of both.
eggless garlic bread rolls recipe below:
garlic bread rolls recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
for the dough:
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 150 to 160 ml water - approx ⅔ cup water *check notes
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
for the garlic spread
- 2 tablespoon dairy butter or vegan butter
- ½ to ⅔ tablespoon minced or chopped garlic or finely crushed garlic (lahsun)
- 1 teaspoon chopped celery
- ¼ teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 pinch carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 or 2 teaspoon nutritional yeast (optional)
- ½ tablespoon sunflower oil or olive oil
- salt as required
- black pepper powder as required (kali mirch powder)
how to make garlic bread rolls recipe
making dough for garlic bread rolls:
- mix the 1/2 tbsp sugar and yeast in warm water. allow to sit at room temperature for 10-12 mins.
- after the yeast solution bubbled and frothy, add the flours, salt and oil to the bowl of yeast mixture.
- mix well and knead to a smooth and soft dough.
- rub oil on the whole dough and keep covered for up to 1:30 to 2 hours until leavened.
assembling and shaping garlic bread rolls:
- beat the butter with a spoon till light and fluffy. add all the spices & herbs along with salt. mix well.
- check the seasoning in the garlic spread and add more of the herbs, spices or salt if required.
- lightly punch the dough before making the rolls on a work surface.
- divided the dough into two parts.
- take one part of the dough and on a lightly dusted flour, roll to a round or rectangle till you get 1/2 inch width in the rolled dough
- spread the garlic butter evenly on the dough.
- roll the dough till the end.
- make a similar roll with the other part of the dough.
- now both the rolls are ready to be sliced.
making garlic bread rolls:
- first give a cut from the center and then equally cut the two parts. so you have now 4 equal slices of the rolled dough.
grease a pan in which all the 8 rolls will fit. place the rolls in the pan and brush their tops with remaining garlic butter. cover and let the rolls double up for 35 to 40 minutes.
- you can also sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of the rolls.
bake garlic bread rolls in a pre heated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees C till the tops are golden.
- serve the garlic bread rolls with tea or coffee.
note: as a blogger, if you you want to use this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to this recipe url - garlic bread rolls recipe on Veg Recipes of India. its a fair and ethical practice. for using our image please write to us. all our images and content are copyright protected.
lets start step by step garlic bread rolls recipe:
1: mix sugar and yeast in warm water. allow to sit at room temperature for 10-12 mins.
2: the yeast solution bubbled and frothy after 10 mins.
3: add the flours, salt, oil to the bowl of yeast mixture.
4: knead into a smooth, soft and springy dough.
5: rub oil on the whole dough and keep covered for up to 1:30 to 2 hours until leavened.
6: the dough after leavening.
7: beat the butter and oil with a spoon till light and fluffy. add all the spices, herbs and mix well.
8: lightly punch the dough before making the rolls on a work surface.
9: divide the dough into two parts.
10: take one part of the dough and on a lightly dusted work surface, roll to a round or rectangle till the width reaches to 1/2 inch.
11: spread the garlic butter evenly on the dough.
12: roll the dough till the end.
13: make a similar roll with the second piece of the dough. now both the rolls are ready to be sliced.
14: first give a cut from the center and then equally cut the two parts. so you have now 4 equal slices of the rolled dough spirals.
15: grease a pan in which all the 8 rolls will fit. place the rolls with the cut edges facing upwards in the pan. brush their tops with remaining garlic butter. cover and let the rolls double up for 30-40 minutes.
16: bake garlic bread rolls in a pre heated oven for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees C till the tops are golden and the bread rolls sounds hollow when tapped. since i have a slow oven it took me 40 mins to bake the rolls. serve the garlic bread rolls warm with tea or coffee.
one more photo to inspire you to make these awesome and delicious garlic bread rolls 🙂