cold coffee recipe with step by step photos – one more cold beverage for the hot summers.
now most folks know how to make a cold coffee. here in this post, i am sharing the way i make cold coffee, which gives you a nice coffee flavored frothy layer on top. much like the cold coffee you get in cafe outlets like cafe coffee day.
at home, we are tea drinkers and not coffee. the only beverages we like with coffee is the south indian filter coffee and this cold coffee milkshake.
i have not use ice cream in this cold coffee recipe as most of the times i make this way. and a vanilla ice cream may or may not be there at home.
while preparing coffee beverages, usually coffee, milk and hot water is beaten with a spoon, till the concoction becomes light & frothy. here i have used the blender to do the same job. making milkshake with this frothy coffee concoction tastes much better, then when you just blend everything directly.
i have used instant coffee powder. you can also make the decoction with any ground coffee beans. for this you will need to heat water. then brew through a percolator or french press or even our very south indian coffee filter.
serve cold coffee straight away as its made. if you have vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream or choco chip ice cream, you could also add an ice cream scoop in the cold coffee. you can also check this recipe on how to make cold coffee with ice cream.
how to make cold coffee
1. in a bowl take 1 tbsp instant coffee.
2. add ¼ cup warm water. stir very well. to make the shake, i used full cream milk. you can also use skimmed milk or low fat milk. if using skimmed milk or low-fat milk, then just reduce the ¼ cup water to about 2 to 3 tbsp.
3. add the coffee solution in a blender jar. for pics i took coffee+warm water in a bowl. you can directly add both to a blender or mixer jar.
4. add 3 to 4 tbsp sugar.
5. blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color fades to a lighter brown shade.
6. add 6 to 7 ice cubes. for a thick cold coffee, you can reduce the ice cubes from 2 to 4.
7. pour 2 cups chilled milk (500 ml).
8. blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice frothy layer on top.
9. pour in glasses and serve cold coffee immediately. the froth on top settles down and reduces with time. so serve coffee milk shake immediately.
if you are looking for more beverages then do check:
INGREDIENTS FOR cold coffee
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- ¼ cup warm water or 62.5 ml warm water
- 3 to 4 tablespoon sugar or add as required
- 2 cups chilled milk or 500 ml chilled milk
- 6 to 8 ice cubes or as required
HOW TO MAKE cold coffee
- in a blender take take 1 tbsp instant coffee, 3 to 4 tbsp sugar, add 1/4 cup warm water.
- stir very well. to make the shake, i used full cream milk. you can also use skimmed milk or low fat milk. if using skimmed milk or low fat milk, then just reduce the ¼ cup water to about 2 to 3 tbsp.
- blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color lightens a bit.
- add 6 to 7 ice cubes. for a thick cold coffee, you can reduce the ice cubes from 2 to 4.
- pour 2 cups chilled milk.
- blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice froth on top.
- pour in glasses and serve cold coffee. the froth on top settles down and reduces with time. so serve coffee milk shake immediately.