mix vegetable soup recipe with step by step photos – a clear vegetable soup made with veggies.
again an easy soup recipe that good for the winters. this mix vegetable soup recipe is the way i make tibetan thukpa minus the noodles. so when noodles are not there, i prepare this light, warm and nutritious soup. i have added moong sprouts in the soup and they do give a good taste and texture in the soup. though if you don’t have moong sprouts, you can just skip them. you can also add tofu in the soup.
this vegetable soup is also a good way to use leftover veggies from the kitchen. just add whatever veggies you have and you get a hearty bowl of soup. the flavor and taste of the mix veg soup will depend on the vegetables you add. so you can also add veggies of your choice.
serve the mix veg soup steaming hot plain or accompanied with noodles. sometimes i even steam some rice to go along with this soup.
mix vegetable soup recipe below:
nutrition info is per serving
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (patta gobi)
- ½ cup finely chopped carrots (gajar)
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped capsicum (bell pepper or shimla mirch) - red or green or yellow
- 1/3 cup moong sprouts
- ¼ cup finely chopped french beans
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion Or 1 small onion, finely chopped, (spring onions can also be added in place of onions)
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped celery (optional)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic (lahsun)
- 3 cups water or 750 ml water
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce or as required
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt as required
rinse and shred the cabbage.
rinse, wipe and then slice the mushrooms. chop the bell pepper.
rinse and finely chop the french beans. also finely chop the onions & garlic
heat oil in a pan. add onions and garlic. saute till the onions are translucent.
then add the chopped mix veggies. stir well.
saute on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
add the moong sprouts and stir well. saute for 2 minutes.
add water and stir.
then add soy sauce, black pepper and salt. stir again
cover the pan and simmer the vegetable soup for 10 to 11 minutes on a low to medium flame.
then check the seasonings and add more salt or black pepper if required.
serve the vegetable soup plain or accompanied with some boiled noodles or steamed rice.
step by step mix vegetable soup recipe:
1. first chop all the veggies – i added carrots, french beans, red cabbage, button mushrooms and red bell pepper. about 1.5 to 2 cups chopped mix vegetables.
2. heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. add ¼ cup chopped onions and 1 tsp chopped garlic.
3. saute till the onions are translucent.
4. then add the chopped mix veggies.
5. stir well.
6. saute on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
7. add ⅓ cup moong sprouts and stir well. saute for 2 minutes.
8. add 3 cups water.
9. add 2 tsp soy sauce. you can add more if you prefer.
10. then add salt as required.
11. add ½ tsp black pepper or as per taste.
12. stir well. cover the pan and simmer the mix veg soup for 10 to 11 minutes on a low to medium flame.
13. then check the seasonings and add more salt or black pepper if required.
14. serve the mix vegetable soup plain or accompanied with some boiled noodles or steamed rice.