here is a quick and easy mango mousse that you can whip up if you want that special dessert or if you have unexpected guests coming for dinner.
this mousse recipe is eggless and a vegetarian one. i have not used any gelatine or even agar agar for setting the mousse.
the mango mousse is light, creamy and heavenly with the gorgeous aroma and color of the mangoes.
this is an adult mousse…. meaning i have added wine to the mousse. you can add any of your favorite liqueur to the mousse.
if making for kids than skip the wine. just make the mousse with the rest of the ingredients. also the mango mousse can be topped with your favorite dry fruits or some chocolate also.
i topped the mango mousse with some blueberry preserve. i have used amul low fat cream for this dessert and it works very well when you make desserts like mousse or for cream icings on cake.
a gorgeous and beautiful dessert of mango mousse for the summers….
mango mousse recipe details are below:
- 2 medium size mangoes, chopped
- ½ cup thick cream
- 2 tbsp wine or any liqueur of your choice (optional)
- 1 tbsp honey or 1 tbsp sugar – ad more or less for your preferred sweetness
- chopped dry fruits for garnishing or any fruit preserve or chocolates
- in a blender, add the mangoes, wine and honey.
- blend till smooth.
- now add the cream and blend till smooth.
- serve mango mousse in glasses and chill the mousse in the refrigerator for some 20-30 minutes or more.
- garnish the mango mousse with chocolate shavings or chopped dry fruits or any fruit preserve and enjoy the delicious mango mousse.