While surfing the internet, I came across this wonderful instant cup cake recipe on many websites… they have all used the same amount of ingredients……so i do not know who is the person who has written the original recipe. Anyways, I liked it so much that I decided to try this cake for myself. I am not much into baking, (though I know how to make cakes and breads) due to insufficient time.
Since this cake takes only 5 minutes, I decided to try it. I have modified this recipe much, along with the ingredients. The cake came out good. It won’t taste like the baked cakes. Personally, I feel that these 5 minute cakes should be had with a chocolate sauce or chocolate cream or vanilla cream or any flavored cream.
This is going to be my regular recipe from now onwards, whenever I have chocolate cake cravings. Just having a piece of chocolate or plain cake with a cup of coffee or tea is bliss for me.
I wish like these instant cakes….. there was instant Nirvana or Enlightenment…
Ingredients for the 5 minute Chocolate Chip Cake:
- 7 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips or chopped Cadbury milk chocolate
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp baking powder/baking soda
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- a drop or two of vanilla essence
- 1 large microwave safe coffee or tea mug/cup
Method to make the Instant Microwave Cake:
- In a microwave safe mug, add all the ingredients, except eggs and milk.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs to the cake mixture in the mug.
- Fold in the eggs with the cake mixture.
- Now add the milk and gently mix the cake batter.
- Keep the mug with the cake batter in the microwave oven and microwave on full power for 3 to 4 minutes. Mine took 4:30 minutes. By 3 mins the cake had risen on top of the mug. Just to make sure that the cake is cooked well, I microwaved the cake for 1:30 minutes more.
- Its a nice feeling to see the cake rising on top of the mug…. more so because it is instant.
- Remove the mug from the oven and let the cake become warm. The cake comes out easily from the mug. Remove it on to a plate.
- Slice the cake and serve it warm.
- Have Fun and Enjoy
chocolate chip cake microwave recipe details below: