mushroom rice recipe with step by step photos. an easy and quick recipe of mushroom rice made in european style. this mushroom rice recipe i had made for lunch and everyone liked it.
the most amazing thing is that, it is not an elaborate or complicated recipe. easy for bachelors, students and single people. if you have leftover rice than you could use it right away to make this recipe.
to make this mushroom rice, i have only used the following veggies – mushrooms, garlic, scallions in this recipe plus dried herbs and seeds like oregano, thyme and crushed sesame seeds. but you could use other dried herbs like rosemary, parsley, sage or whatever you are fond of. this recipe is a completely vegan recipe. so my vegan friends can enjoy making this one. if you like the combo of mushrooms with rice then you can make few mushroom rice recipes like:
- mushroom pulao
- mushroom dum biryani
- spicy mushroom biryani
- mushroom fried rice recipe
- chettinad mushroom biryani recipe
this mushroom rice recipe is more european style than chinese or indian style. its not all spicy but yet flavorful and tasty. if you need some spice in the rice, you could add tobasco sauce or paprika or more of black pepper.
few tips for making mushroom rice recipe:
- its easy if you have leftover rice or else you will have to cook the rice.
- if you do not have crushed sesame seeds, then you could also use whole sesame seeds. roast them and add to the rice.
- you could use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs.
- you can also use other varieties of mushrooms or different mixed mushrooms. this will give a nice texture and crunchiness to the recipe.
mushroom rice recipe details are below:
mushroom rice recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 400 grams white button mushrooms - cleaned and chopped or 4 cups chopped white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted crushed sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 to 4 spring onions or scallions - chopped (reserve the greens for garnishing)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (lahsun), finely chopped - optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder or white pepper powder
- salt as required
how to make recipe
in a pan heat the olive oil.
add the chopped garlic. and saute for some seconds.
then add 3-4 chopped small to medium scallions (spring onion whites). begin to saute the spring onions.
saute till the spring onions become translucent. now add 400 grams of chopped mushrooms.
- saute the mushrooms till they leave water and are dried up and completely cooked.
- add the black or white pepper, crushed sesame seeds, thyme and oregano to the mushrooms. mix well.
- now add the cooked rice and salt.
- saute the rice with the mushrooms for a couple of minutes.
- garnish mushroom rice with the scallions greens.
- serve mushroom rice hot with a salad or you could just drizzle some extra virgin olive oil to the rice and enjoy the bowl of mushroom rice.
how to make mushroom rice recipe:
- measure all the spices, ingredients and keep ready for the mushroom rice.
2. in a pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. add 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic and saute for some seconds.
4. then add 3-4 chopped small to medium scallions (spring onion whites).
5. begin to saute the spring onions.
6. saute till the spring onions become translucent.
7. now add 400 grams of chopped mushrooms.
8. saute the mushrooms till they leave water and are dried up and completely cooked.
9. add ¼ teaspoon of black or white pepper, 1 teaspoon of crushed sesame seeds, ½ teaspoon of thyme and ½ teaspoon of oregano to the mushrooms.
10. mix well.
11. now add 2 cups of cooked rice.
12. saute the rice with the mushrooms for a couple of minutes.
13. add salt as required.
14. stir gently and mix well.
15. garnish mushroom rice with the scallions greens.
serve mushroom rice hot with a salad or you could just drizzle some extra virgin olive oil to the rice and enjoy the bowl of mushroom rice.
- i started vegrecipesofindia.com in feb 2009. it is a pure vegetarian blog and shares recipes with step by step photos.
i am passionate about cooking from childhood and learnt cooking from my elders. a home science degree course further enhanced my cooking and baking skills professionally along with an internship in a five star hotel. i am trained both in mainstream indian as well as international cuisines.
all the 1800 recipes posted on blog are tried and tested and made healthy wherever possible. the recipes are detailed and with step by step pictures that will easily help you to make delicious and tasty vegetarian food.
- Festival Recipes2018.09.19bhakarwadi recipe, how to make bhakarwadi recipe | bakarwadi recipe
- Festival Recipes2018.09.05kozhukattai recipe, how to make kozhukattai recipe for ganesh chaturthi
- Dinner Recipes2018.08.01macaroni recipe | indian style macaroni recipe | macaroni pasta recipe
- Cooking Tips & Methods2018.07.24custard recipe, how to make custard | vanilla custard recipe