Mushroom rice recipe With step by step photos. An easy and quick recipe of mushroom rice made in european style. Vegan recipe.
The most amazing thing is that it is not an elaborate or complicated recipe. Easy for bachelors, students and single people. If you have leftover rice than you could use it right away to make this recipe.
To make this mushroom rice, I have only used the following veggies – mushrooms, garlic, scallions in this recipe plus dried herbs and seeds like oregano, thyme and crushed sesame seeds. But you could use other dried herbs like rosemary, parsley, sage or whatever you are fond of. This recipe is a completely vegan recipe. So my vegan friends can enjoy making this one.
If you like the combo of mushrooms with rice then you can make few mushroom rice recipes like:
This mushroom rice Is more european style than Chinese or Indian style. Its not all spicy but yet flavorful and tasty. If you need some spice in the rice, you could add tobasco sauce or paprika or more of black pepper.
Tips for making mushroom rice
- Its easy if you have leftover rice or else you will have to cook the rice.
- If you do not have crushed sesame seeds, then you could also use whole sesame seeds. Roast them and add to the rice.
- You could use fresh herbs instead of dried herbs.
- You can also use other varieties of mushrooms or mixed mushrooms. This will give a nice texture and crunchiness to the recipe.
How to make mushroom rice
- Measure all the spices, ingredients and keep ready.
2. In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic and saute for some seconds.
4. Then add 3-4 chopped small to medium scallions (spring onion whites).
5. Begin to saute the spring onions.
6. saute till the spring onions become translucent.
7. Now add 400 grams of chopped mushrooms.
8. Saute the mushrooms till they leave the water and are dried up and completely cooked.
9. Add ¼ teaspoon of black or white pepper, 1 teaspoon of crushed sesame seeds, ½ teaspoon of thyme and ½ teaspoon of oregano to the mushrooms.
10. Mix well.
11. Now add 2 cups of cooked rice.
12. Saute the rice with the mushrooms for a couple of minutes.
13. Add salt as required.
14. Stir gently and mix well.
15. Garnish with the scallions greens.
Serve Mushroom rice hot with a salad or you could just drizzle some extra virgin olive oil to the rice and enjoy the bowl of mushroom rice.
More Rice recipes
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you'd like more delicious Indian vegetarian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspiration.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 400 grams white button mushrooms - cleaned and chopped or 4 cups chopped white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon roasted crushed sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 to 4 spring onions or scallions - chopped (reserve the greens for garnishing)
- 1 teaspoon garlic , finely chopped - optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder or white pepper powder
- salt as required
- In a pan heat the olive oil.
- Add the chopped garlic. and saute for some seconds.
- Then add 3-4 chopped small to medium scallions (spring onion whites). Begin to saute the spring onions.
- Saute till the spring onions become translucent. Now add 400 grams of chopped mushrooms.
- Saute the mushrooms till they leave the water and are dried up and completely cooked.
- Add the black or white pepper, crushed sesame seeds, thyme and oregano to the mushrooms. Mix well.
- Now add the cooked rice and salt.
- Saute the rice with the mushrooms for a couple of minutes.
- Garnish with the scallions greens.
- Serve hot with a salad or you could just drizzle some extra virgin olive oil to the rice and enjoy the bowl of mushroom rice.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.