Italian Broccoli Potatoes Recipe – Italian Cuisine is one of the popular international cuisines. Italian Food is not just about pizza, pastas and spaghettis. They also have nice vegetarian recipes.
Generally, Italian food is made in Olive Oil and they use a lot of garlic too. I am not so fond of pizzas and pastas, but I like the veggies and rice recipes cooked in the Italian way. Their vegetable recipes are simple and easy to make with less fuss.
This Italian vegetarian recipe is made with broccoli and potatoes In extra virgin olive oil. Personally, I am very fond of broccoli and always use it in my kitty of vegetarian recipes. I have used normal potatoes in this recipe, but you could also use baby potatoes. This recipe is simple and easy to make.
You can Serve Broccoli Potatoes as a side dish or have them with warm toasted bread, Italian Breads – Ciabatta, and Focaccia. It also goes well with Indian Breads – Rotis or Parathas.
Few More Tasty Recipes for You!
Italian Broccoli Potatoes Recipe
- 1 broccoli
- 2 potatoes
- 2 garlic/lahsun
- 1/2 tsp mixed herbs - (parsley oregano, thyme etc)
- ground black pepper optional
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp to 2 water
- Remove the broccoli florets carefully. Wash them in water for 3-4 times and wipe dry. You would remove the broccoli florets in the same manner as removing cauliflower florets.
- Peel, wash and chop the potatoes into cubes. Chop the garlic finely.
- Heat a shallow pan. Pour the extra virgin olive oil into it. Lower the flame. Add the chopped garlic. On a low flame fry for a minute. Do not brown the garlic. We just want it to be fried lightly.
- Now add the cubed potatoes, broccoli. Fry these for a minute or two. Now add little water about 1 or 2 tbsp. Add salt, pepper and the mixed herbs. Cover and simmer till the broccoli and potatoes are cooked.
- You will have to keep checking the veggies in between to see if they do not get burnt or stick to the pan. Add more water if required. This recipe is a dry recipe, so add less water. We do not want the veggies to become soggy and paste like.
- Mixed herbs are easily available in a pack in most stores. If you do not have mixed herbs, you can also add single herbs like parsley, oregano, rosemary, if you have them. The flavor and taste along with the garlicy taste, will depend on the herbs used, but nevertheless the recipe will taste good.
- This broccoli potatoes dish can be had with warm toasted bread, italian breads - ciabatta, and focaccia. It also goes well with indian breads - rotis or parathas. It can also be served as a side dish.