Homemade Guava Juice recipe made only with 3 ingredients. The guava fruit is quite underrated, if you ask me. So, give this fruit its due credit by trying a super-duper and healthy Guava Juice drink, which along with being yummy, is vegan, gluten free and packed with loads of health benefits.
Table of Contents
About Guava Fruit
Though widely available in India, guava is typically a tropical fruit which is a native to regions of Central America, Mexico, South America and the Caribbean. And while you may put guava under the fruits category, scientifically it is a berry!
Etymologically, the history of the word ‘guava’ is traced to the Arawak word ‘guayabo,’ meaning ‘guava tree’ and also ‘guayaba,’ a Spanish word.
Essentially sweet in nature, pear or round-shaped with a greenish/yellowish skin, guavas have many types depending upon the color and texture of the flesh and where it is grown. This Guava Juice is one of the easiest ways to consume it, other than having it as a raw snack.
There are many varieties of guava available in the Indian market and also outside India. The special guava with pink flesh is grown abundantly in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh. Wherever you live, source the variety which has a soft, ripe and sweet flesh to make the juice.
About Guava Juice Drink
I know many people who love to eat guava, also ‘amrud’ in Hindi and ‘peru’ in Marathi language. But it has tiny, hard seeds that may get stuck in the teeth and can get quite irritating. So, personally, I prefer to consume it in the juice form. This Guava Juice recipe is a favorite at my home too.
I have used the regular white fleshed guavas to make this Guava Juice, but you can also use the pink fleshed ones which’ll give a beautiful rosy hue to the juice. However, remember to use ripe guavas with soft pulp.
You will also have to keep in mind not to blend the guava pieces too much and for a long time, as then the seeds will also grind, giving a sand-like gritty texture to the juice. For an elevated flavor and to balance the extreme sweetness, add some lemon juice or a bit of ginger to your juice.
This Guava Juice can be served immediately, as you’ll be using chilled water for blending. Or add ice cubes later and serve.
How to make Guava Juice
1. Rinse 4 medium-sized guavas (500 grams) well in water. Then, chop in small pieces and add to a large blender jar.
I have not peeled them but you can choose to peel them if you like. Try to use guavas which are sweet and have a soft flesh.
2. Add 1 cup chilled or cold water and blend the guavas to a smooth pulp. Chop the guavas in small pieces so that they blend faster and also so that the seeds are not ground.
Blend in batches if the blender size is small.
3. Don’t blend too much as then the seeds also get ground. Also, you will get tiny grits in the juice and a sand like feel in the juice.
4. Add the pulp to a juice strainer or medium mesh strainer placed on top of a bowl.
5. Using a spoon, stir the pulp so that the smooth pulp is extracted in the bowl. Straining the pulp takes a bit of time.
6. Here we have the collected pulp without the seeds.
Make Guava Juice Drink
7. Now, add 1 cup chilled water to the guava pulp in the bowl. Stir to combine.
You can make the juice thinner by adding more water. You can also add some lemon juice for a tangy taste.
8. Add 3 tablespoons sugar. Sugar can be adjusted as per your taste and the sweetness of the guavas.
9. Stir again till the sugar dissolves.
10. Pour the juice in glasses and serve Guava Juice immediately.
Guava Juice Benefits
The best thing about guavas is that they are relatively cheaper than most of the other expensive fruits, yet brimming with essential nutrients. Which makes this Guava juice too, absolutely important for consumption.
Guavas are an excellent source of dietary fiber, antioxidants, Vitamin C and other minerals like potassium. According to researchers, a single guava consists Vitamin C about 4 times more than a single orange.
Due to the nutrient composition of a guava, it is also useful for the below reasons:
- The antioxidants in a guava help enhance and make the immune system strong. Higher immunity means lower risks of illnesses and infections, also healthy and beautiful skin.
- Great for weight management and loss as guavas are storehouse of fiber and low in fats. Have it as a nutritious, filling and low-calorie snack.
- It may lower chances of cancer in the body, prevent constipation and boost bowel movements and the digestive system.
- Important for blood and cardiovascular health. Helps in controlling blood sugar levels and may help give relief from menstruation cramps and pains.
- Both pink and white fleshed guavas can be used in this Guava Juice recipe. But the guavas should have soft flesh and be ripe.
- If using super ripe guavas, you juice is going to be sweet as it is. No need to add sugar then.
- Take care of the seeds in this Guava Juice drink. Do not blend them too much as then you will end up with a sand-like texture in the juice.
- You can also either blend with chilled water or use normal room temperature water for blending. In this case, you can add a few ice cubes before drinking.
- These are a few ingredients that pair well with guava – red chili powder or cayenne powder, lemon juice, lime, pear, pineapple. You may add any of these while blending for a unique flavor.
- Double or triple the measurements to get more guava juice drink. Freeze the juice in popsicle moulds for a refreshing, yum treat!
More Fruit Juices To Try!
Please be sure to rate the recipe in the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have made it. For more veetarian inspirations, Sign Up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
Guava Juice Recipe (Healthy Drink with 3 Ingredients)
- 4 guavas – medium-sized, 500 grams or 3 cups chopped guava
- 2 cups water – divided, cold or at room temperature, add as required
- 3 tablespoons sugar or add as required
- Rinse the guavas very well in water. Chop in small pieces and add to a large blender jar. You can peel them if you like.
- Add 1 cup water and blend the guavas to a smooth pulp. Chop the guavas in small pieces so that they grind or blend faster and the seeds are not ground. Don't blend or grind too much as then the seeds also get ground and you will get tiny grits in the juice and you get a sand like feel in the juice.Blend in batches if the blender size is small.
- Add the pulp to a medium mesh strainer or juice strainer placed on top of a bowl.
- Using a spoon stir the pulp, so that the smooth pulp is extracted in the bowl.
Making guava juice
- Now add 1 cup cold water to guava pulp in the bowl. Stir to combine. You can make the guava juice more thin by adding more water. You can also add some lemon juice for a tangy taste.
- Add sugar and stir again till the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the juice in glasses and serve guava juice immediately.
- Make the juice with guavas which have a soft and sweet flesh.
- You may add more water to thin the juice if you like.
- You can omit sugar if the guavas are very sweet. Or else add your preferred sweetener.
- Scale the recipe to make a larger serving.
Nutrition Info (Approximate Values)
This Guava Juice recipe from the blog archives first published in March 2015 has been republished and updated on 6 Jun 2022.
Comments are closed.
Dear Dassana, you site is my first Go-to-site for any kind of recipes. They are easy to follow and always turn out to be very tasty. Thank you for sharing these.
thanks a lot prash. glad to know. happy cooking.
Hi… can we make the juice and store it in fridge nd have later ?? Or should it be consumed immediately??
any fruit juice is best to consume immediately. if preservative are added, then they can be consumed later. but a fresh juice is best to consume immediately.
the guava juice is so tasty thanks for ur recipe……expecting more varieties.
thanks manoj. will add more juice and mocktail varieties.
Hi I really love all your recipes are quite easy to understand and comes out well
thanks sangeetha for sharing positive feedback.
I have tried 2 recipe n it was awesome I got compliment from ma hubby..I forgot to take pics..next time for sure..m loving all ur recipes..its awesome
thanks priyanka for sharing positive feedback. glad to know this.
i love your all recipes its excellent. yum yum!
Preparation of this juice was very good. But when we buy packed guava juice there are seeds also. Is there any way by which we can that texture.
thanks bhavna. i didn’t understood your question. if you want seeds in the juice then don’t strain the juice and don’t blend it too much.
so thick and creamy more like smoothie.. Love the texture
I seriously need to buy more guavas! This looks amazing!
Love guava juice and thats such a gorgeous click