Davangere benne dosa chutney recipe with step by step photos – spicy coconut chutney that is served with Davangere benne dosa.
This is a simple recipe of coconut chutney that is spicy and uses minimal ingredients. There is no tempering done in the chutney and so the taste is different than the coconut chutney that is tempered.
Since this chutney is very spicy, it accompanies the bland potato palya (served with benne dosa) very well. There is also a hint of cardamom in this chutney.
Step by step Davangere coconut chutney recipe
1. Take ½ cup tightly packed freshly grated coconut in a small grinder. Add 5 to 6 green chilies (roughly chopped) and 1 or 2 seeds from a green cardamom pod. For a pronounced cardamom flavor, you can add all the seeds from 1 small green cardamom.
2. Season with salt as per taste.
3. Add 3 to 4 tbsp water.
4. Grind to a smooth consistency.
5. Remove coconut chutney in a serving bowl. Serve coconut chutney with davangere benne dosa and the potato palya.
More Chutney recipes
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Spicy coconut chutney for Davangere Benne dosa
- ½ cup tightly packed grated coconut - fresh or frozen
- 5 to 6 green chilies, roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 seeds of a green cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 3 to 4 tablespoon water for grinding
- salt as required
- Take 1/2 cup freshly grated tightly packed coconut in a small grinder. Add 5 to 6 green chilies (roughly chopped) and 1 or 2 seeds from a green cardamom pod. For a pronounced cardamom flavor, you can add all the seeds from 1 small green cardamom.
- Season with salt as per taste.
- Add 3 to 4 tbsp water and grind to a smooth consistency.
- Remove coconut chutney in a serving bowl and serve the chutney with davangere benne dosa and potato palya.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later