davangere benne dosa chutney recipe with step by step photos – spicy coconut chutney that is served with davangere benne dosa.
this is a simple recipe of coconut chutney that is spicy and uses minimal ingredients. there is no tempering done in the chutney and so the taste is different than the coconut chutney that is tempered.
since this chutney is very spicy, it accompanies the bland potato palya (served with benne dosa) very well. there is also a hint of cardamom in this chutney.
you can also serve this easy coconut chutney with poha dosa, set dosa and even plain dosa or uttapams. do also check this recipe of davangere benne dosa and the potato palya that accompanies it.
if you are looking for more chutney recipes then do check:
davangere coconut chutney recipe
- ½ cup tightly packed grated coconut - fresh or frozen
- 5 to 6 green chilies, roughly chopped
- 1 to 2 seeds of a green cardamom (choti elaichi)
- 3 to 4 tablespoon water for grinding
- salt as required
- take 1/2 cup freshly grated tightly packed coconut in a small grinder. add 5 to 6 green chilies (roughly chopped) and 1 or 2 seeds from a green cardamom pod. for a pronounced cardamom flavor, you can add all the seeds from 1 small green cardamom.
- season with salt as per taste.
- add 3 to 4 tbsp water and grind to a smooth consistency.
- remove coconut chutney in a serving bowl and serve the chutney with davangere benne dosa and potato palya.
NUTRITION INFO (approximate values)
step by step davangere coconut chutney recipe:
1. take ½ cup tightly packed freshly grated coconut in a small grinder. add 5 to 6 green chilies (roughly chopped) and 1 or 2 seeds from a green cardamom pod. for a pronounced cardamom flavor, you can add all the seeds from 1 small green cardamom.
2. season with salt as per taste.
3. add 3 to 4 tbsp water.
4. grind to a smooth consistency.
5. remove coconut chutney in a serving bowl. serve coconut chutney with davangere benne dosa and the potato palya.