no cook mango kulfi recipe – this is an easy kulfi recipe. kulfi and ice creams are in demand during indian summers. the summer season is over, but with no signs of rains, i am still making these summer desserts. its hot here during the day and cooler in the nights. but yes, no rains which worries me.
i have already shared mango kulfi recipe and basic kulfi recipe. as compared to these recipes, this no cook mango kulfi is a quick recipe. quick to whip up and then freeze. no second time whipping required in this recipe. since this is a cheat’s version of kulfi, there were a bit of ice crystals in the kulfi. but you wouldn’t really mind the ice crystals, considering the ease of this recipe.
i have an ice cream book from dollops which was a gift, for many years. this book has many quick ice cream and kulfi recipes. this no mango kulfi recipe is from this book. in fact, i made mango kulfi many times in summers, both with condensed milk and khoya. just did not get time to post these recipes.
this no cook kulfi is made with whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, cream and of course mangoes. add mangoes which will yield a smooth non fibrous pulp. i used kesar as well as alphonso mangoes. hence the color is a pale yellow.
few steps for the no cook mango kulfi recipe:
1. add the milk, condensed milk and mangoes in a blender jar.
2. blend everything till smooth.
3. then add the cream
4. sprinkle the cardamom powder and crushed saffron.
5. blend again till the cream is mixed well. pour the mango kulfi mixture in kulfi moulds or small bowls. cover with a lid or aluminium foil and keep in the freezer for the mango kulfi to set.
6. slice and serve mango kulfi in bowls or plates, sprinkled with cardamom powder or crushed saffron. even rose water or kewra water can be sprinkled on the kulfi.
if you are looking for more desserts then do check kulfi falooda, strawberry ice cream, strawberry falooda, mango panna cotta, mango cheesecake, custard apple ice cream and pomegranate gulkand ice cream recipe.
no cook mango kulfi recipe below:
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 200 gms sweetened condensed milk which is ½ a can/tin or a bit more than ¾ cup condensed milk.
- ½ cup cream, 25% to 35% low fat ( i added amul cream)
- 4 cardamoms, crushed to a powder in a mortar-pestle, about ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup chopped mango
- a pinch of saffron threads, crushed (optional)
- blend everything except the cream, cardamom powder and saffron in a blender till smooth.
- then add the cream, cardamom powder and saffron.
- blend till the cream is mixed and incorporated well in the mixture.
- pour the mango kulfi mixture in kulfi moulds or small bowls.
- cover with a lid or aluminium foil and keep in the freezer for the kulfi to set.
- once set, serve the mango kulfi sprinked with crushed saffron or rose water or kewra water.
- to remove the kufi, place the kulfi moulds under running water for some seconds or rub them between your palms. with a butter knife, gently remove the kulfi.