Mix Vegetable Recipe – Yet another favorite recipe of mine. I have already posted another variation of mix vegetable recipe that is Fried Mix Veg Recipe.
In this earlier posted recipe, the vegetables were fried. But in the current recipe, the vegetables are not fried. The vegetables are cooked in their juices. This takes a little longer but the result is great. I often make this when i wanna have some thing comforting with chapatis.
This Mix Vegetable Recipe is the way my mom makes it. It is simple but tasty and does not take much time. It goes very well with chapatis but also tastes good with pooris or parathas. Can also be had with some steamed rice.
I have also used paneer – cottage cheese in this mix vegetable recipe. But you can skip it altogether. So when you want to have something quick as well as delicious, then do make this mix vegetable curry.
Note: The mix vegetable recipe post has been updated with new pics where paneer has been not been used. I have also kept the old pic just as well.
Mix Vegetables Recipe details below:
- 2 cups of mix chopped veggies – cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, french beans, capsicum, peas.
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 green chili chopped finely
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder/dhania powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder/haldi
- ¼ tsp chilli powder (use more if you want it to be spicy)
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 8-10 paneer cubes (optional)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp cream or malai
- 2 tbsp oil
- a few sprigs of cilantro/coriander leaves chopped
- salt as per taste
- In a kadhai or thick bottomed pan, heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds. Once they splutter, add the chopped onions.
- Fry the onions till they become transparent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste. Fry for a minute or till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the tomatoes. Keep on stirring till the tomatoes become soft and pulpy. When the mixture becomes smooth and one, then add all the spice powders mentioned above.
- The process of frying the tomatoes takes a little longer. If you want to quicken the process, add some salt to the onion-tomato mixture. Fry the tomatoes on a low flame as you don’t want the tomatoes to get burnt.
- Now add all the spice powders one by one.
- Stir the spice powders with the onion-tomato mixture. Add the green chili.
- Mix in the chopped veggies, salt and water.
- Cover and let the veggies cook.
- Once the veggies are semi cooked…… that is they are half cooked. Add the cream. Give a stir.
- Cover again and simmer the veggies till they are done.
- Don’t forget to check the veggies after occasionally.
- Add more water if the water dries up and if the veggies are still to be cooked.
- If using paneer, then add the paneer once the veggies are cooked. Simmer without the lid for 2 minutes.
- You can also garnish mix vegetable dish with fried paneer cubes. Otherwise simply garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve mix vegetables dish hot with pooris, parathas, kulcha or chapatis.
Follow us on Social Media