mango iced tea recipe – a refreshing summer tea with flavors of mangoes and tea. each sip of mango ice tea not only brings relief from summer heat but it is a healthy drink too… provided you use natural fruits or flavors to make it.
tea is one beverage which we indians love. i cannot imagine starting my day without sipping a cup of hot tea and i guess that is the case with many of you too. tea is more popular in india as compared to coffee. in india, chai is prepared using milk, ginger and spices….. and it is one breakfast beverage for many of us.
india is known for its four seasons and unfortunately one of the season is not the best time to have a hot cup of tea. sometimes it becomes difficult to enjoy hot tea in indian summers and thats where ice tea comes to your rescue.
you can choose your own flavor for making ice tea like you can go for peach, rose, lemon, apple, hibiscus, raspberry or any other flavor of your liking. i usually make lemon iced tea or mint or tulsi iced tea.
since there were a lot of mangoes at home, decided to make this mango iced tea. now if you like mangoes and tea, then do make this awesome combination of iced tea. you will love it. make a large jar and keep in the fridge and have the mango iced tea when you want to sip something cool.
i used fresh alphonso mangoes for making the mango pulp. black tea has gone into making the tea brew. the tea just needs to be steeped in hot water and later chilled. add sugar or sweetener of your choice and the tea is ready.
making iced tea is very easy and the only difference in preparing most iced tea versions is the flavor we add in the end.
mango ice tea recipe details below:
mango iced tea recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 medium sized alphonso mangoes - yields approx 1.5 cups mango pulp
- 3 teaspoons black tea or 2-3 black tea bags
- 4 cups water
- ½ or ¾ tablespoon lemon juice or as required
- organic unrefined cane sugar or regular sugar as required
- a few mint leaves for garnishing
how to make recipe?
- peel and chop the mangoes.
- puree them in a blender and refrigerate.
- heat water on a stove top or in the microwave.
- remove the pan of hot water.
- add the black tea and stir.
- cover and let the tea steep in the hot water for 5-7 mins.
- strain and keep the tea in the fridge.
- once the tea is cooled, remove from the fridge.
- pour the tea in a blender.
- add the mango puree, lemon juice and sugar to the tea.
- blend everything till smooth.
- serve the mango iced tea in tall glasses with some ice cubes garnished with mint leaves or mango or lemon slices.