Buttered Corn Recipe – I used to make this recipe quite frequently in the Monsoons. It is quick if you have a packet of corn kernels.
If you do not have corn kernels, but corn cobs, then you will have to boil the corn cobs in water – in which some salt is added. When the corn cobs are boiled, peel of the corn from the cobs. This will take some time.
I had a packet of american corn kernels which came in handy, so it was easy. This recipe uses butter. You could use both salted or unsalted butter. If you are conscious about your diet, then you could also use olive oil instead of butter. I have used more butter, but you could use less amount or more.
Ingredients for the buttered corn:
- 2 cup corn kernels
- 1 tbsp butter or 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp mixed herbs or any herb of your choice
- 1/2 cup grated cheese (optional)
Method for the buttered corn:
- I boiled the american corn kernels in pressure cooker with little salt for 2 whistles. You could also boil in a pan. Though, this will take longer.
- Now remove the corn from the pressure cooker in a strainer and strain the leftover water.
- In another pan or you could use the same pressure cooker, melt the butter, add the corn kernels, salt, herbs and pepper. Mix well. Remove and serve hot.
- I did not add cheese, but you could add grated cheese to the above mixture and keep on the heat, till the cheese melts.