Buttered Corn Recipe – I used to make this recipe quite frequently in the Monsoons. It is quick if you have a packet of corn kernels.
If you do not have corn kernels, but corn cobs, then you will have to boil the corn cobs in water – in which some salt is added. When the corn cobs are boiled, peel of the corn from the cobs. This will take some time. I had a packet of american corn kernels which came in handy, so it was easy.
This Buttered Corn Recipe uses butter. You could use both salted or unsalted butter. If you are conscious about your diet, then you could also use olive oil instead of butter. I have used more butter, but you could use less amount or more.
Overall, its a delicious snack which you can have at any time of the day. Children are specially going to love it.
Buttered Corn Recipe details below:
- 2 cup corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter or 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs or any herb of your choice or italian herbs (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoon grated cheese (optional)
- salt as required
- Cook the american corn kernels in pressure cooker with little salt and enough water for 3 to 4 whistles. You could also boil in a pan. Though, this will take longer.
- If using corn cobs then pressure cook or steam them in enough water. If pressure cooking, then cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Drain and keep the corn kernels aside.
- If using corn cobs, then let them become warm or cool.
- Remove the corn from the cobs with a knife.
- In another pan or you could use the same pressure cooker, melt the butter, add the corn kernels, salt, herbs and pepper. Mix well. Remove and serve buttered corn hot.
- I did not add cheese, but you could add grated cheese to the above mixture and keep on the heat, till the cheese melts.
measuring cup used for ingredients is: 1 cup = 250 ml
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media