buttered corn recipe with step by step photos – easy, quick and tasty snack made with corn, butter and herbs. i used to make this recipe quite frequently in the monsoons. it is quick if you have a packet of corn kernels.
if you do not have corn kernels, but corn cobs, then you will have to boil the corn cobs in water – in which some salt is added. when the corn cobs are boiled, peel of the corn from the cobs. this will take some time. i had a packet of american corn kernels which came in handy, so it was easy.
this buttered corn recipe uses butter. you could use both salted or unsalted butter. if you are conscious about your diet, then you could also use olive oil instead of butter. i have used more butter, but you could use less amount or more.
overall, its a delicious snack which you can have at any time of the day. children are specially going to love it.
buttered corn recipe below:
- 2 cup corn kernels
- 2 cups water for boiling the corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon butter or 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper, add as required
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs or any herb of your choice or italian herbs (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated cheese (optional)
- salt as required
cook the sweet corn kernels in pressure cooker with salt and water for 3 to 4 whistles. you could also boil in a pan. though this will take longer.
if using corn cobs then pressure cook or steam them in enough water. if pressure cooking, then cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
drain and keep the corn kernels aside.
if using corn cobs, then let them become warm or cool. then remove the corn from the cobs with a knife.
in another pan or you could use the same pressure cooker, melt the butter. then add the corn kernels, salt, herbs and black pepper. mix well. remove and serve buttered corn hot.
adding cheese is optional. kids would love to eat a cheesy buttered corn. you could add 1 to 2 tablespoon grated cheese to the above mixture.
on a low flame mix well till cheese melts.
serve buttered corn hot or warm.
how to make buttered corn recipe:
1. to make buttered corn, i have used corn kernels. you can also use 2 large corn cobs. steam and then remove the kernels with a good knife. you will require about 2 cups of corn kernels.
2. rinse the corn kernels couple of times in water. then drain all the water.
3. add the rinsed corn kernels in pressure cooker. also add ½ teaspoon salt and 2 cups water.
4. mix well. then pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles on medium flame. you could also boil corn kernels in a pan. though this will take longer time. you can even steam corn kernels.
5. let the pressure fall down on its own in the cooker. then remove the lid.
6. in a colander or strainer, add all the contents of the cooker. drain all the water and keep the cooked corn kernels aside.
7. heat another pan or you can also use the the same pressure cooker. add 1 tablespoon butter. let the butter melt. instead of butter you can also use 2 teaspoons olive oil.
8. then add the boiled corn kernels.
9. stir and mix well with the butter.
10. add 1 teaspoon mixed herbs (or herbs of your choice), ½ teaspoon black pepper powder (or crushed pepper) and salt as required. mix again.
11. then add 1 to 2 tablespoons grated cheese. adding cheese is optional. kids would love to eat a cheesy buttered corn.
12. keep heat to a low and mix till the cheese melts.
12. remove and serve buttered corn hot or warm.