watermelon rose cooler recipe with step by step photos – light, refreshing cooling drink for summers made with watermelon, rose syrup and sabja seeds.
any drink with watermelon is easy to prepare, provided you remove the seeds before, which can be quite a task at times. i do remove the seeds before i add the watermelon cubes to the blender. luckily i always end up buying watermelon which do not have many seeds in them.
i have seen some youtube videos where there are certain techniques showing how the watermelon should be cut, so that the seeds can be removed easily. i have not tried doing any of these methods. i just slice the watermelon in many parts and then remove the seeds with a small paring knife.
serve watermelon cooler immediately as soon as you make it. few more similar drinks you can make are rose milk, watermelon juice, watermelon mint juice, watermelon agua fresca or pomegranate mint cooler recipe.
if you are looking for more beverages then do check mango falooda, watermelon orange juice, apple pomegranate juice, lemon squash, orange squash, khus syrup, sweet lassi, aam ka panna, pina colada and kokum juice recipe.
watermelon rose cooler recipe below:
watermelon rose cooler
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 4 cups chopped deseeded watermelon
- 4 to 5 tablespoon rose syrup or add as required
- 1 teaspoon sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) soaked in ½ cup water
- 1 to 2 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- a few ice cubes or chilled water (optional)
how to make watermelon rose cooler
- soak 1 tsp sabja seeds in 1/2 cup water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- later strain the seeds and keep aside in a small bow. you can also keep them covered in a refrigerator.
- take 4 cups chopped deseeded water melon in a blender jar.
- add 4 to 5 tbsp rose syrup. also add 1 to 2 tsp rose water. rose water is optional and you can skip it.
- blend till smooth. you can add some ice cubes while blending. you can also thin the cooler a bit by adding some chilled water.
- pour the watermelon rose cooler in glasses.
- top with some sabja seeds.
- serve watermelon rose cooler immediately.
step by step watermelon rose cooler recipe:
1. in a small bowl, soak 1 tsp sabja seeds/sweet basil seeds in ½ cup water for 20 to 30 minutes.
2. later strain the seeds in a tea strainer and keep aside in a small bow. you can also keep them covered in a refrigerator.
3. take 4 cups chopped deseeded water melon in a blender jar.
4. add 4 to 5 tbsp rose syrup. also add 1 to 2 tsp rose water. rose water is optional and you can skip it.
5. blend till smooth. you can add some ice cubes while blending. you can also thin the cooler a bit by adding some chilled water.
6. pour the watermelon rose cooler in glasses.
7. top with some sabja seeds. stir.
8. serve watermelon rose cooler immediately.