sweet and tangy green chutney recipe with step by step photos. there are various ways of making green chutney. i have seen this green chutney recipe in a book and what i liked was sugar in this chutney. i had to try this chutney. i adapted the recipe to our own tastes. i have made this chutney to go with the aloo tikki burger.
this green chutney had the flavors of mint and coriander as well as the tang from lemon juice with a sweet taste due to the sugar. the lemon juice helps to preserve the chutney and this green chutney has a shelf life for 4-5 days if stored in refrigerator.
since the chutney is sweet it makes for a good spread on sandwiches while making for kids. you can reduce the green chili completely or use half of a green chili, if making for kids.
sweet and tangy green chutney recipe
mildly sweet and lightly tangy green chutney made from coriander and mint.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- ¾ cup coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ¼ cup mint leaves (pudina patta)
- 1 green chili (hari mirch)
- 2 to 3 garlic (lahsun)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar or organic unrefined cane sugar or as required
- regular salt or black salt as required
- ¼ cup water or as required
how to make recipe
- rinse the coriander leaves and the mint leaves well in water.
chop the green chili and the garlic roughly.
in a blender jar add, chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chili, garlic, lemon juice, sugar and salt with ¼ cup water or as required.
- the quantity of water can be adjusted as per your liking. but don't make the chutney very thin.
- blend everything well till smooth.
- you can also apply this green chutney on sandwiches and burgers.
- it stays well in the fridge for 4-5 days.
how to make sweet and tangy green chutney
1. rinse ¾ cup coriander leaves (dhania patta) and ¼ cup mint leaves (pudina) well in water.
2. drain and chop them roughly.
3. chop 1 green chili (hari mirch) and 2 to 3 garlic cloves (lahsun). measure and keep all the ingredients ready for making sweet green chutney.
4. in a blender or a chutney grinder, add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves.
5. next add 1 teaspoon sugar, chopped garlic and chopped green chili.
6. add ½ tablespoon lemon juice.
7. add regular salt or black salt as required.
8. lastly add water. i have used about ¼ cup of water. the quantity of water can be adjusted as per your liking. but don’t make the chutney very thin.
9. blend everything well till smooth.
10. remove the chutney in a serving bowl. serve the green chutney with indian snacks like samosa, pakora, tikki or dabeli. you can also apply this green chutney on sandwiches and burgers. it stays well in the fridge for 4-5 days.