here’s an easy recipe of veg noodles. this a homely recipe of an indo chinese veg noodles and not the kinds one gets in restaurants and street side indo chinese stalls.
this version of veg noodles is neither spicy nor hot as i have not added any chili sauce. the veggies can be of your choice. i skipped adding cabbage as i did not have one when making the veg noodles.
use any good quality chinese noodles. the recipe can also be made with maggi noodles. i used an imported brand of chinese noodles whose name i have forgotten by now. noodles are a rarity in my home, considering the typical indianised taste buds of the family. so once in a blue moon, a post of noodles happens on the blog.
typically, while making any stir fried dish, the heat has to be high and the ingredients have to be tossed and stirred continuously. while making such recipes at home, its better to use a wok or a pan with handles. so that its easy to lift & hold the pan with the handles, while tossing as well as when stirring.
veg noodles recipe below:
- 125 to 150 gms chinese noodles
- 1 medium carrot/gajar, julienned
- 2-3 medium spring onions/hara pyaaz, finely chopped
- 8-10 french beans, thinly sliced diagonally or finely chopped
- 1 small to medium capsicum/green bell pepper, julienned or finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves/lahsun, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger/adrak, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tsp soy sauce or as required
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery or 1 tsp chopped coriander (both of them have different flavors. celery will give a more chinese flavor and coriander will give an indianised taste)
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt and freshly powdered black pepper as required
- first heat enough water in a pan with salt and few drops of oil.
- when the water comes to a boil, add the noodles.
- stir and allow to cook the noodles till they are just cooked or al dente.
- whilst the noodles are cooking, prepare the veggies.
- once the noodles are cooked well, drain them in a colander or sieve.
- then rinse the noodles in fresh water by placing the colander or sieve under fresh tap water.
- drain & keep aside.
- heat oil in a wok or pan.
- first add the garlic and ginger and stir fry on medium flame for some seconds.
- increase the flame to high & add the chopped spring onions.
- keep on stirring continuously and stir fry the onions till they become translucent.
- add the veggies - carrots, capsicum and french beans.
- continue to toss & stir fry on a high flame till the veggies are almost cooked.
- use a pan with handles as its better to lift it while tossing.
- you can also decrease the flame if the heat becomes too much too handle and then stir fry the veggies on a medium flame.
- some crunch should be there in the vegetables, so don't cook the vegetables till they become completely soft.
- add the soy sauce, celery, salt and pepper. stir and then add the noodles.
- keep on tossing and stirring till the veggies are mixed well with the noodles for minute or two. switch off the fire.
- check the taste and add more salt, black pepper or soy sauce if required.
- serve the veg noodles steaming hot as it is or with some black bean sauce or tomato sauce.
- you can also serve the noodles with veg manchurian or veg balls in hot garlic sauce.
Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media