sweet green chutney recipe – there are various ways of making green chutney. i have seen this green chutney recipe in a book and what i liked was sugar in this chutney. i had to try this chutney. i adapted the recipe to our own tastes. i have made this chutney to go with the aloo tikki burger.
this green chutney had the flavors of mint and coriander as well as the tang from lemon juice with a sweet taste due to the sugar. the lemon juice helps to preserve the chutney and this green chutney has a shelf life for 4-5 days if stored in refrigerator.
since the chutney is sweet it makes for a good spread on sandwiches while making for kids. you can reduce the green chili completely or use half of a green chili, if making for kids.
sweet green chutney recipe below:
- ¾ cup coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- ¼ cup mint leaves (pudina patta)
- 1 green chili (hari mirch)
- 2-3 garlic (lahsun)
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon organic unrefined cane sugar or normal sugar as required
- black salt as required
- rinse the coriander leaves and the mint leaves well in water.
- chop the green chilli and the garlic roughly.
- add all the ingredients in a blender or a chutney grinder with some water.
- the quantity of water can be adjusted as per your liking. but don't make the chutney very thin.
- blend everything well till smooth.
- you can also apply this green chutney on sandwiches and burgers.
- it stays well in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media