coconut curd chutney recipe with step by step photos. coconut curd chutney for idli, dosa, uttapam or vada. this is another variation of coconut chutney which i often make along with south indian tiffin breakfast or snacks.
this coconut curd chutney is preferred by my husband because it has his favorite ingredient curd/yogurt in it. the yogurt gives a slight sour taste to the chutney. this chutney taste very good with idli and dosa or plain uttapam. it can also go well with medu vada and tomato or onion uttapam. but the best combination is with idli, dosa and plain uttapam.
other variations of coconut chutney which i have already shared are sesame coconut chutney, hotel style coconut chutney, cilantro coconut chutney and red coconut chutney. in fact you can make many varieties of coconut chutney to along with your favorite south indian snacks. it also depends upon your taste.
i served this coconut curd chutney with foxtail millet/navane dosa and the combo was good.
coconut curd chutney recipe card below:
coconut curd chutney recipe - another variation of a delicious coconut chutney made with yogurt. excellent with idli and dosas.
- ½ cup grated coconut, fresh or frozen
- 4 tablespoon roasted chana dal (roasted husked bengal gram)
- 4 tablespoon curd (yogurt or dahi)
- ½ inch ginger (adrak) - chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilies - depending on the heat in the chilies you can alter the quantity
- 5 to 6 tablespoon water for grinding the chutney
- salt as required
- 10 to 12 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds (rai)
- 1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1 to 2 dry red chilies (sookhi lal mirch)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- in a bowl first whisk the yogurt till smooth.
take the coconut, roasted chana dal, ginger, green chili, salt and water in a chutney grinder. grind till the whole chutney mixture is smooth.
mix the chutney with the whisked yogurt.
- heat oil in a small pan. first crackle the mustard seeds.
then add the red chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida (hing).
- fry for some seconds till the curry leaves start to become crisp. make sure the red chilies don't burn.
- pour the tempering into the chutney and stir.
- serve the coconut curd chutney immediately with idli, dosa, uttapam or medu vada.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE CHANNELAdvertisements
how to make coconut curd chutney recipe:
1. measure and keep all the ingredients ready for the chutney.
2. in a bowl first whisk 4 tablespoons curd (yogurt or dahi) till smooth.
3. take ½ cup grated coconut (fresh or frozen) in a blender.
4. next add 4 tablespoons roasted chana dal, ½ inch chopped ginger and 1 to 2 green chilies.
5. also add salt as required and 5 to 6 tablespoons water in the chutney grinder. you can’t see the water as its gone beneath.
6. grind till the whole chutney mixture is smooth.
7. mix the chutney with the whisked curd (yogurt).
8. stir and mix well.
9. keep all the ingredients ready for the tempering of chutney.
10. heat 1 tablespoon oil in a small pan.
11. first crackle 1 teaspoon mustard seeds.
12. then add 1 to 2 dry red chilies, 10 to 12 curry leaves and a pinch of asafoetida (hing).
13. fry for some seconds till the curry leaves start to become crisp. make sure the red chilies don’t burn.
14. pour the tempering into the chutney.
15. stir and mix well.