collection of 12 coconut chutney recipes for idli dosa – coconut chutney is usually made to go along with variety of south indian snacks like:
a simple chutney adds so much flavor and taste to south indian snacks that you won’t feel like having them without coconut chutney.
there are many variations of making coconut chutney. the difference lies in the ingredients used like mint, coriander, garlic, curd, tamarind etc and the method to make the chutney. e.g. tempering (tadka) makes a lot of difference to the flavor of the chutney.
here i am sharing the coconut chutney recipes i have added on blog. as i add more variations, i will update this collection post.
you can also check these popular recipes collections:
- 1. collection of 14 idli recipes
- 2. collection of 37 dosa recipes
- 3. collection of 16 rasam varieties
- 4. collection of 18 sambar recipes
- 5. collection of 47 chutney recipes
12 coconut chutney recipes for idli dosa:
1. coconut chutney recipe – this is my go to recipe for making coconut chutney to be served with idli, dosa, uttapam and medu vada. one of the most popular chutney recipe on the blog which is tried and tested by many readers.
2. hotel style coconut chutney recipe – this is a quick coconut chutney recipe that goes extremely well with idli, dosa, uttapam and medu vada. what contributes majorly to the earthy taste of this coconut chutney is roasted bengal gram or chana dal.
5. red chilli coconut chutney recipe – a slightly hot version of red chilli coconut chutney. this red chilli chutney gets the punch when it is tempered. so do temper the chutney.
7. coconut tamarind chutney recipe – slightly sour tasting chutney made with tamarind, coconut and spices. simple and easy chutney recipe and goes very well with idli and dosa.
8. coriander coconut chutney recipe – another variation of coconut chutney which goes well with idli, dosa, vada, uttapam, upma or other south indian tiffin snacks. the chutney has a raw taste of coriander. so, if you don’t like the raw taste of coriander then you can fry the coriander leaves in little oil and add them, while grinding the chutney.
10. garlic coconut chutney recipe – a coconut chutney which has the flavors of garlic. this chutney is not tempered. i have also posted another variation of coconut garlic chutney in which the tempering or tadka is done.
11. coconut chutney for fasting – a no onion no garlic coconut chutney made simple and easy with just three ingredients. this coconut chutney goes well with the fasting or vrat snacks that are made during navratri, ekadashi or janmashtami.
12. sesame coconut chutney recipe – this is a quick and easy coconut chutney, if you have all the ingredients at home. even bachelors or novice cook can make it easily at home. it goes well with idlis, dosa, uttapam.