Instant paneer tikka recipe with step by step photos – this is a Quick recipe to make delicious paneer tikka at home. In this recipe, there is no time used up for marination. Just mix everything and then fry the tikka pieces individually or skewered in a tooth pic. The best part is you can shallow fry or pan fry the paneer tikkas. You can even fry the tikka on a tava or griddle.
For ease of handling and frying, I have skewered the paneer and bell pepper cubes on a toothpick. This is totally optional. You can just fry the paneer and bell pepper cubes directly in the pan. I learnt this technique of using tooth pics for tikka recipes in my home science cooking classes. I still remember making a chicken tikka like this in the classes as well as home. Well that recipe was different and this one is different.
For the marination, yogurt is not used. to bind the spices to the paneer cubes, I have used besan or gram flour. Adding besan not only makes the tikka crisp but the paneer cubes also don’t get stuck to the pan or kadai while frying.
I have used yellow bell pepper/capsicum to complement the paneer. Apart from bell peppers, you can also use onions or baby corn or even potatoes. if using baby corn or potatoes, then parboil them before adding to the marination.
This quick snack of paneer tikka can be good starter or a cocktail snack for festive occasions like Diwali. They are also good for parties. you can easily double or triple this recipe and adjust the amount of spices as per your choice.
Few more Paneer snacks recipes which you may like are:
You can make paneer at home on stove top or even in microwave. Homemade paneer is much better than the one bought from market. To make this recipe vegan, substitute paneer with tofu.
Serve paneer tikka hot with pudina chutney or even tomato sauce.
quick paneer tikka recipe
main ingredients for paneer tikka
- 125 to 150 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1 small capsicum - green, red or yellow (bell pepper or shimla mirch)
- oil for shallow frying or pan frying
- chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves for garnishing (optional)
- 1 to 1.5 teaspoon ginger garlic paste (adrak lahsun ka paste) or approx 2-3 garlic + ½ inch ginger crushed to a paste in a mortar-pestle
- 1 to 1.5 tablespoon besan (gram flour)
- 1 to 2 pinches turmeric powder (haldi)
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder) or as required
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala or as required
- ½ teaspoon ajwain (carom seeds) - coarsely crushed in a mortar-pestle
- ½ to 1 teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- salt as required
preparation for quick paneer tikka
- Cut the paneer and bell pepper in cubes or small squares.
- Mix all the ingredients listed under marination well.
- Add the paneer and bell pepper and to this mixture and mix well so that the cubes are evenly coated.
- Skewer the paneer and bell pepper cubes alternately on toothpicks.
making quick paneer tikka
- Heat oil for shallow frying in a kadai or pan till medium hot.
- Add the skewered paneer tooth pics in the oil and shallow fry till light golden and crisp.
- Don't fry a lot as the paneer cubes will become dense.
- Fry the paneer tikka in batches.
- Drain on kitchen paper napkins.
- Whiles serving paneer tikka, sprinkle some chaat masala & black salt & lemon juice along with chopped coriander leaves or mint leaves on the paneer tikka.
- Serve paneer tikka hot with mint yogurt chutney or even tomato sauce.
- The spices can be adjusted as per your requirements.
NUTRITION INFO (approximate values)
Simple steps to make quick paneer tikka recipe:
1. Take paneer and bell pepper cubes in a bowl. Add all the ingredients except oil and mix well.
2. skewer the paneer and bell pepper cubes alternately on toothpicks.
3. heat oil for shallow frying in a kadai or pan till medium hot. Add the skewered paneer tooth pics in the oil.
4. shallow fry till light golden and crisp. Avoid frying too much as the paneer cubes become dense. Fry the paneer tikka in batches.
5. drain the fried paneer tikka pieces on kitchen paper napkins to remove excess oil.
Whiles serving paneer tikka, sprinkle some chaat masala, black salt and lemon juice along with chopped coriander leaves. Serve paneer tikka hot with mint yogurt chutney or even tomato sauce.