vegetable hakka noodles recipe with step by step photos. veg hakka noodles is a popular indo chinese dish that one can get in most restaurants in india and in the roadside chinese street food joints. this veg hakka noodles recipe taste delicious and will have you craving for more.
hakka noodles is not only popular with kids, but also with grown ups. few more popular noodles recipes on blog are – veg chow mein, schezwan noodles, mushroom noodles, chilli garlic noodles and veg noodles.
a few pointers to make tasty hakka noodles:
- the veggies added to hakka noodles have to really chopped fine or cut into julienne or grated as all the stir frying is done at a high heat.
- make sure to use a wok or kadai or a pan with handles, so that you keep on moving the pan when tossing and stir frying the noodles.
- to get an authentic chinese like taste, i recommend three ingredients – toasted sesame oil, celery and rice vinegar or rice wine. adding these ingredients makes a lot of difference to the final dish.
- celery is not available everywhere in india. so if you do not have celery, then just skip it.
- also instead of rice vinegar add white vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- instead of toasted sesame oil, use sunflower oil or any other oil.
- also try to use naturally fermented soy sauce as it gives a lovely fermented taste and flavor to the noodles.
many readers ask me what is celery and where to get it. celery is a herb that is easily available in most super stores and super markets in the indian metros. you can also grow celery in a pot. either buy the plant from a nursery or plant the seeds. best way is to chop the celery from its base and plant the base in the soil. here is a shrub of celery from my balcony herb garden. more info here on wikipedia.
This post was last modified on November 13, 2017, 8:11 pm