sweet paniyaram recipe with step by step photos – all you need to make these sweet dumplings are idli batter, coconut and powdered jaggery.
paniyarams are a nice snack or a tiffin variety that you can make with leftover idli batter. usually i make plain or masala paniyaram and these sweet paniyarams with leftover idli batter.
due to the jaggery, these sweet paniyarams have a porous and soft texture and taste very good. these also make a good tiffin box sweet snack.
to make these you need the paniyaram chatti – Æbleskiver pan. you can also shallow fry these dumplings if you don’t have this special cookware. i have never baked them, so i don’t know how they will turn out if you bake them.
sweet paniyaram recipe details below:
- 2 cups idli batter
- 6-8 tbsp organic powdered jaggery or as required
- ½ cup grated fresh or frozen coconut or unsweetened dessicated coconut
- a pinch of salt
- 2-3 cardamoms, powdered or ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- sesame or coconut or sunflower oil for frying
- mix all the ingredients. heat the paniyaram pan. add a few drops of oil.
- now add the spoonful of the batter till ¾th of the mould.
- cook the dumplings till they become golden brown from all sides.
- serve sweet paniyaram hot or warm.
- if not serving immediately, then keep the sweet paniyarams in a casserole, so that they remain warm and soft.
step by step sweet paniyarams recipe from leftover idli batter:
1: add all the ingredients in the idli batter.
2: mix well. use thick idli batter as due to dissolution of the jaggery, the batter’s consistency becomes liquid. so to avoid the batter becoming too much thin, better to use a thick idli batter.
3: heat the paniyaram chatti and add a few drops of oil in the moulds. pour the batter from a spoon till 3/4th of the mould. sprinkle some more oil from above if required.
4: due to jaggery the mixture browns quickly, so keep an eye. turn the dumplings with a skewer or spoon so as the other side gets cooked.
6: when they are browned well from all sides, remove and serve sweet paniyaram hot or warm with milk, tea or coffee. these are so delicious that they can be had plain as well.
Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media