sabudana pakora recipe with step by step photos – yet another snack that can be made during fasting or vrat days. these sabudana pakoras can be made for ekadashi fast or navratri fast or even for janmashtami fast or on any other fasting day.
these sabudana pakoras are simple and easy to make and they also make for a nice breakfast or evening snack. i make these sometimes for an evening snack and we have them with tomato sauce or coriander chutney. two more sabudana snacks in the blog are sabudana tikki and sabudana bhel recipe.
these sabudana pakoras are similar to the maharashtrian sabudana vada. just that i have added some kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour) in the pakora mixture and excluded some ingredients like lemon juice and coriander leaves.
apart from buckwheat flour, the other main ingredients in this recipe are sabudana or tapioca pearls, roasted peanuts, potatoes. the peanuts gives crunchy taste in between and add flavor. mashed potatoes and kuttu ka atta helps in binding the pakoras. apart from that kuttu ka atta also absorbs extra moisture, if any.
since i get pretty hard sabudana pearls here, i always soak them overnight. by morning they soften really well. so depending on the quality of the pearls, you can soak them overnight or for a few hours.
sabudana pakora recipe details below:
- ½ cup sabudana or tapioca pearls
- 1 large potato
- ¾ tsp cumin seeds/jeera
- ½ to 1 tsp sugar
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 2 tbsp kuttu ka atta/buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup peanuts
- rock salt or sendha namak as required
- soak the sabudana or tapioca pearls in enough water overnight or for 4-5 hours.
- drain and keep aside in a mixing bowl.
- boil the potatoes, peel and chop roughly.
- roast the peanuts in a pan till browned and crisp.
- in a mortar-pestle, coarsely crush the roasted peanuts.
- add all ingredients to the drained sabudana, including the chopped potatoes and peanuts.
- mix well.
- check the taste and add more salt or sugar if required.
- heat oil in a kadai or pan.
- make small balls with your hands or using a spoon drop the mixture in to medium hot oil.
- let the pakoras become opaque and then turn them with a slotted spoon.
- deep fry till the sabudana pakoras become light golden and crisp.
- drain the pakoras on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
- serve sabudana pakoras hot with tomato sauce or green chutney or coconut chutney. if you are making these sabudana pakoras for fasting then serve them with phalahari chutney.
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“.
step by step sabudana pakora recipe for fasting:
1. soak the sabudana or tapioca pearls in enough water overnight or for 4-5 hours. drain and keep aside in a mixing bowl.
2. boil the potatoes. peel and chop roughly. roast the peanuts in a pan till browned and crisp. in a mortar-pestle, coarsely crush the roasted peanuts. add all ingredients to the drained sabudana, including the chopped potatoes and peanuts.
3. mix really well. check the taste and add more salt or sugar if required.
4. heat oil in a kadai or pan. make small balls with your hands or using a spoon drop the mixture in medium hot oil.
5. let the sabudana pakoras become opaque while frying and then turn them with a slotted spoon. deep fry till they are light golden and crisp. drain sabudana pakoras on paper napkins to remove excess oil.
if you are making these sabudana pakoras for fasting/vrat then serve them with phalahari chutney or saunth chutney or tomato sauce. otherwise you can serve sabudana pakoras with any green chutney or mint chutney.Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media