mint coriander raita has a refreshing minty taste and a subtle lemony flavor from the fresh coriander leaves. this combo gives a slight punch and takes something as basic & simple like a raita, to a completely new level. instead of just a side accompanying dish, this raita stands out because of its strong flavors.
most of the raitas are not very strong and usually are subtle, mild and have a soft presence to be served as a side dish. but this raita has very strong flavors and presence.
if pairing this mint coriander raita with a biryani then don’t serve with a highly flavored and spiced biryani. i had made this raita to go with kashmiri biryani which is mild and does not make use of onions, garlic and tomatoes.
mint coriander raita recipe details below:
- ¾ cup mint leaves/pudina patta
- ½ cup coriander leaves/dhania patta
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder or as required
- ½ tsp chaat masala powder or as required
- ¼ tsp red chili powder or as required
- 1 cup curd/dahi/yogurt, dairy or vegan (i used cashew curd)
- black salt or rock salt as required
- grind the mint, coriander & green chili with some water.
- add very less water while grinding.
- whisk yogurt till smooth.
- add all the chopped onion, spice powders and salt.
- stir and serve the mint coriander raita with some lightly spiced dish..
- you can also chill the raita and then serve later.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media