mint coriander raita has a refreshing minty taste and a subtle lemony flavor from the fresh coriander leaves. this combo gives a slight punch and takes something as basic & simple like a raita, to a completely new level. instead of just a side accompanying dish, this raita stands out because of its strong flavors.
most of the raitas are not very strong and usually are subtle, mild and have a soft presence to be served as a side dish. but this raita has very strong flavors and presence.
best is to pair this raita with something light and mild main course. a few suggestions would be light rice dishes like vegetable pulao, vegetable yakhni pulao, jeera rice or the kashmiri biryani. it can go well with khichdi too.
if pairing this mint coriander raita with a biryani then don’t serve with a highly flavored and spiced biryani. i had made this raita to go with kashmiri biryani which is mild and does not make use of onions, garlic and tomatoes.
mint coriander raita recipe details below:
- ¾ cup mint leaves/pudina patta
- ½ cup coriander leaves/dhania patta
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder or as required
- ½ tsp chaat masala powder or as required
- ¼ tsp red chili powder or as required
- 1 cup curd/dahi/yogurt, dairy or vegan (i used cashew curd)
- black salt or rock salt as required
- grind the mint, coriander & green chili with some water.
- add very less water while grinding.
- whisk yogurt till smooth.
- add all the chopped onion, spice powders and salt.
- stir and serve the mint coriander raita with some lightly spiced dish..
- you can also chill the raita and then serve later.
Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media