mint coriander raita has a refreshing minty taste and a subtle lemony flavor from the fresh coriander leaves. this combo gives a slight punch and takes something as basic & simple like a raita, to a completely new level. instead of just a side accompanying dish, this raita stands out because of its strong flavors.
most of the raitas are not very strong and usually are subtle, mild and have a soft presence to be served as a side dish. but this raita has very strong flavors and presence.
if pairing this mint coriander raita with a biryani then don’t serve with a highly flavored and spiced biryani. i had made this raita to go with kashmiri biryani which is mild and does not make use of onions, garlic and tomatoes.
mint coriander raita recipe details below:
- ¾ cup mint leaves (pudina patta)
- ½ cup coriander leaves (dhania patta)
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder) - or as required
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder or as required
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder) - or as required
- 1 cup curd (dahi or yogurt - dairy or vegan) - i used cashew curd
- black salt or rock salt or sendha namak as required
grind the mint, coriander & green chili with some water.
add very less water while grinding.
whisk yogurt till smooth.
add all the chopped onion, spice powders and salt.
stir and serve the mint coriander raita with some lightly spiced dish..
you can also chill the raita and then serve later.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes