Mint Coriander Chutney Recipe – This is an easy chutney recipe made only with four ingredients – which are easily available in your kitchen, namely fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies and ginger.
Optionally, you can add lemon juice as it preserves the green color in the chutney. Best is to add black salt in the chutney. I have learnt this recipe from my mother. On the internet there are many variations of the Mint Coriander Chutney.
I always make some mint coriander chutney and keep it in my refrigerator. It keeps good for up to 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
I also add this chutney in my favorite mumbai chaat snacks like sev puri, pani puri, bread pakora and ragda patties. whenever i plan to make any of these chaat recipes then i usually make this chutney one day before and my work is easier next day.
Its a versatile chutney and can be used in many chaat recipes. You can also check this similar coriander chutney recipe.
Mint Coriander Chutney recipe below:
- 1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves (pudina patta)
- 1 cup fresh chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves or dhania patta)
- 1 green chilli (hari mirch), add more chillies if you want the chutney to be spicy
- ½ inch ginger (adrak)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder) - optional
- 1 or 2 tablespoon lemon juice - optional
- salt or black salt or rock salt as required
- In a mixie or blender grind all the above ingredients to a smooth paste using little water.
- Mix salt in the chutney.
- Keep the Mint Coriander Chutney in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can Serve this Mint Coriander Chutney with pakoras, samosas, chaat, chole, potato chips or other snacks.
measuring cup used for ingredients is: 1 cup = 250 ml.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes