mint coriander chutney recipe with step by step photos – this is an easy chutney recipe made only with four ingredients – which are easily available in your kitchen, namely fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies and ginger.
optionally, you can add lemon juice as it preserves the green color in the chutney. best is to add black salt in the chutney. i have learnt this recipe from my mother. on the internet there are many variations of the mint coriander chutney.
i always make some mint coriander chutney and keep it in my refrigerator. it keeps good for up to 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
i also add this chutney in my favorite mumbai chaat snacks like sev puri, pani puri, bread pakoda and ragda pattice. whenever i plan to make any of these chaat recipes then i usually make this chutney one day before and my work is easier next day.
its a versatile chutney and can be used in many chaat recipes. you can also check this similar coriander chutney recipe.
mint coriander chutney recipe card below:
mint coriander chutney recipe
coriander mint chutney recipe - easy chutney recipe made with four ingredients namely fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies and ginger.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 cup fresh chopped mint leaves (pudina patta), chopped
- 1 cup fresh chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves or dhania patta), chopped
- 1 or 2 green chillies (hari mirch), chopped, add more chillies if you want the chutney to be spicy
- ½ inch ginger (adrak), chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder) - optional
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice - optional
- salt or black salt or rock salt as required
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water or as required
how to make recipe?
preparation for chutney:
pluck the leaves and tender stems from the coriander bunch.
also pluck mint leaves from their stems. make sure to use only mint leaves and not stems as the chutney can get bitter if stems are used.
rinse both the coriander leaves and mint leaves very well in a colander or strainer
keep the other ingredients required for the chutney also aside.
making mint coriander chutney:
in a mixie or blender grind all the above ingredients to a smooth paste using 3 to 4 tablespoons water.
keep the mint coriander chutney in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
you can serve this mint coriander chutney with pakoras, samosas, chaat, chole, potato chips or other snacks.
- green chilies can be added less or more as per your requirement.
how to make coriander mint chutney recipe:
1. measure and keep all the ingredients ready for making mint coriander chutney.
2. rinse 1 cup coriander leaves and 1 cup mint leaves in water. you can also rinse them in a colander or strainer.
3. in a mixie or blender, add the rinsed coriander leaves and mint leaves.
4. next add 1 to 2 chopped green chilies (hari mirch) and ½ inch chopped ginger (adrak).
5. also add 1 teaspoon cumin powder (optional), 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional) and salt as required.
6. add 3 to 4 tablespoons water or add as required.
7. grind all the above ingredients to a smooth paste. for a thicker chutney, add less water.
8. keep the mint coriander chutney in an airtight container in the refrigerator. the chutney stays good for 3 to 4 days in the fridge.