my potato stuffed bread pakora post is on the 9th number amongst the top 10 recipes on my site. this recipe has got 5,112 views from the time it was posted. i am telling this info so that i can share some statistics with the readers of my site. plus i have got some very positive feedback for this stuffed bread pakora recipe. whats this all got to do with this post?
well again i am posting a simple recipe of bread pakora, but minus the potato stuffing….. thats why!!!
i am sure my readers would like this post as its less work with quick results. i usually would make this quick snack when i have to make a quick breakfast or evening snack for hubby dear. there is no stuffing involved, just dipping the bread in the gram flour batter and frying them. easy and quick.
this recipe also can be called plain bread pakora or just bread pakora. the choice of bread to be used depends upon you. white bread pakora tastes fabulous but if you want healthier options you could choose brown bread, flax seed bread, wheat germ bread etc.
you could serve the bread pakora with any chutney like sweet tamarind dates chutney, mint coriander chutney, or even coconut chutney. usually at home we have the pakoras with tomato sauce. so i served the bread pakora with tomato sauce and dry onion garlic chutney.
bread pakora: serves 3-4
preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time: 25-30 mins
for the pakora:
- 6 slices of brown or white bread
- oil for frying
for the batter:
- 3 cups besan (chick pea flour/gram flour)
- a pinch of hing
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp ajwain – carom seeds
method to make bread pakora:
- slice the bread into any shape you want – rectangular, square, triangle or circular. i have made bread rectangles.
- mix everything for the batter and keep it ready. remember the batter should not be too thick nor thin. also add a few drops of oil to the batter and mix well.
- heat oil in a kadai or wok. take a slice of bread and dip it in the batter. coat the single slice of bread very well with the batter and slid it into the hot oil.
- fry the bread pakoras in oil till golden brown.
- drain on a tissue and serve piping hot with mint chutney or tamarind chutney or tomato sauce.
bread pakora recipe details are below: