baked cauliflower recipe with step by step photos – this is a quick and easy recipe of baked cauliflower. baked cauliflower is one dish that you can make when you are hungry and want something quick. it also good as a brunch or a light snack to go with any herb or cheesy dip.
baked cauliflower can also be served with any indian chutney like mint chutney or coconut chutney and also can go well with plain curd or any raita. can also be served as a starter. as a variation the same recipe can also be made with mix veggies like cabbage, carrots and beans and even broccoli.
baked cauliflower is healthy and light. plus its a vegan recipe. also as the cauliflower is baked, it has a crunch and a bite to it. it is not soft like the way it is often made in the indian cauliflower sabzis. you can also check this eggplant parmigiana recipe.
to make the cooking go faster, its better to blanch or half cook the cauliflower in a microwave. i preferred to blanch the cauliflower.
baked cauliflower recipe details are below:
- 1 large gobi/cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp paprika or red chili powder
- 1 tbsp herbes de provence
- salt or black salt
- blanch the cauliflower for 5-7 minutes in hot water.
- mix the olive oil, herbs, all the spice powders and salt together.
- add the cauliflower florets to this mixture and gently toss so that the mixture evenly coats all the cauliflower florets.
- bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes for 180 or 190 degree celsius.
- garnish baked cauliflower with basil leaves and serve hot or warm with a veggie or cheesy dip. you can also serve baked cauliflower with any indian chutney or just plain curd or raita.
let start step by step baked cauliflower recipe:
chop the cauliflower into florets. rinse them in running water few times and then blanch them in hot water for 5-7 minutes.
in a bowl or in a baking tray drizzle some olive oil. add herbes de provence, black pepper, paprika and black salt. if herbes de provence is not available, you can add your own choice of dry herbs.
mix the herbs and spices and salt.
add the blanched cauliflower to this mixture.
and gently toss so that the olive oil -herbs- spice mix coats the florets well.
bake for 30-35 minutes on 180 or 190 degree celsius. when you see some dark brown spots on the cauliflower florets, it means the cauliflower is done.
garnish baked cauliflower with some chopped basil or any herb you like.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media