Khoya sooji ladoo recipe with Stepwise photos. This is a quick and easy to prepare melt in the mouth rava ladoo with khoya. The ladoos are made with sooji (rava or semolina), khoya (evaporated milk solids), milk, sugar and ghee. This recipe is quick and can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
This recipe of sooji ladoo with khoya or mawa Was requested by a few readers. These ladoos taste very different from the Rava ladoo i have posted earlier.
You will need mawa or khoya to make these ladoos. Khoya is dried evaporated milk solids. You can get it from outside or make at home. Preparing khoya is a long process and does take time.
Both khoya and a good amount of ghee give a rich texture and flavor to these sooji ladoos. So these are apt for festive occasions and are not an everyday sweet. If you eat one you will end up eating more.
These ladoos are quite addictive and tempting. They just melt in your mouth and are very delicious. The recipe comes from my mom’s collection again and is one of those sweets she makes during festive occasions.
How to make easy khoya sooji ladoo
1. Heat ½ cup of ghee in a thick bottomed pan or kadai.
2. Add 1 cup of sooji (rava). Use the fine variety of rava (cream of wheat).
3. Mix very well and keep stirring the sooji often on low flame for 8 to 9 minutes.
4. Keep stirring continuously on low flame till the sooji becomes fragrant and changes color. A faint creamish brown is fine, but do not brown too much. You will see the sooji has absorbed the ghee. Also, the sooji may expand a little depending on the type of sooji or rava you are using.
5. Then add the chopped or grated khoya.
6. Mix and stir well on low flame. You have to keep stirring the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. The mawa or khoya will also melt.
7. Add ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder.
8. Stir for a minute more and switch off the flame.
9. Transfer the mixture to another dish or plate.
10. Allow to cool a bit, after 2 to 3 minutes just touch the mixture. If you are able to sustain the heat, then add 1 cup of powdered sugar.
11. Mix very well with a spoon (spatula) or your hands.
12. Grease your palms with a bit of ghee. Take a scoop of the mixture while its still warm on your palm. Check if you can handle the heat and start shaping into ladoos. If you are not able to form ladoos, then let the mixture cool down more and then shape into ladoos.
13. Similarly make ladoo from the rest of the mixture. I got 10 ladoos from the ladoo mixture.
Garnish them with raisins. Serve khoya sooji ladoo warm or cold. You can also store them at room temperature in an air-tight jar. If refrigerated then these ladoos will last for a week.
More Diwali sweets
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. If you want more delicious vegetarian Indian recipes delivered straight to your inbox, Sign Up for my email newsletter.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later
Easy Khoya Suji Ladoo
- 1 cup fine rava (sooji, cream of wheat) or 160 grams fine rava
- 200 grams khoya (mawa or evaporated milk solids), grated or crumbled
- ½ cup ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 10 to 12 golden raisins for garnish, optional
- Measure all the ingredients needed and keep aside. Grate or crumble the khoya.
- Heat ½ a cup of ghee in a thick bottomed pan or kadai.
- Add 1 cup of sooji (rava). Use the finer variety of rava.
- Mix very well and keep stirring the rava often on low heat for 8 to 9 minutes.
- Keep stirring continuously on low heat, till the rava becomes fragrant and changes color. You will see the rava has absorbed the ghee. Also the rava may expand a little depending on the type of rava you are using.
making khoya sooji ladoo
- Add the crumbled or grated khoya (mawa).
- Stir well on low heat. You have to keep continuously stirring the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes. By this time the khoya will also melt.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cardamom powder. Stir for a minute more and switch off the flame.
- Transfer the mixture to another dish or plate.
- Allow the mixture to cool a bit. After 2 to 3 minutes just touch the mixture. If you are able to sustain the heat, then add 1 cup of powdered sugar. Alternatively you could use a spatula or spoon to mix.
- Mix well with your hands or a spoon or spatula.
- Grease your palms with a bit of ghee. Take a scoop of ladoo mixture while its still warm on your palm. Check if you can handle the heat, then start shaping into ladoo.
- Similarly, make ladoo from the rest of the mixture.
- Garnish with raisins. Serve sooji ladoo warm or cold. You can also store them at room temperature in an air-tight jar. If refrigerated will last for a week.
- Cook the ladoo mixture on low flame through out.
- You can garnish the ladoos with raisins. Its optional.
- These ladoos are shaped best when the mixture is warm. However do take care of your fingers or use hand gloves.
- Recipe can be doubled.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.