This No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipe is an easy-to-prepare homemade pizza dough made without yeast.
Using some basic ingredients, it makes a tasty pizza crust with perfect thickness and consistency, without the hassle of dealing with yeast. This recipe is vegan.
About this No Yeast Pizza Dough
After getting many requests for a good is pizza dough recipe without yeast, I started to experiment with various combinations of flour, baking soda and other basic ingredients.
After some trials, I came upon the recipe shared here and it will give you an excellent pizza crust.
In this post I am sharing only the pizza dough recipe. This dough can be used when making your pizza in the oven or on the stovetop in a skillet (or tawa).
For a great stovetop pizza recipe, check Making Pizza without Oven. This is a tasty way to make a pizza if you don’t have an oven, or if it’s a hot summer day and you don’t want to use the oven, or even while camping!
An All-purpose flour Pizza Dough
This recipe uses all-purpose flour. I always try to make recipes with whole wheat flour if possible as it is a healthier option, however sometimes I find that it just doesn’t give the best taste or texture.
With this pizza dough, I tried making it with wheat flour and even with half whole wheat flour & half all-purpose flour.
The pizza made with whole wheat flour, tasted more like a roti pizza – crisp and thick flatbread topped with pizza sauce, veggies and cheese.
For this reason, as well as better taste and texture, I recommend using all-purpose flour when making pizza dough without using yeast.
However, if you want to use whole wheat flour, I recommend using a recipe with yeast, such as Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.
Yet if you absolutely want to use whole wheat flour with this no yeast recipe, feel free – it will still make a nice pizza.
How to make No Yeast Pizza Dough
1. In a mixing bowl or pan take 3 cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon sugar.
2. Add ½ teaspoon baking soda.
3. Then add 1 teaspoon baking powder. mix very well.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Next add 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Substitute 1 tablespoon vinegar if you do not have lemon juice.
6. Add water in parts.
7. Begin to mix.
8. And then knead the dough.
9. Keep on kneading until you get a soft and smooth dough. Add water in parts. I added ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons water. Be sure to knead very thoroughly. Knead at least for 10 to 12 minutes.
10. The dough should become elastic and stretchable. Take a portion and stretch it. It should not break.
11. The pizza dough should not be sticky but should be tacky. Tacky means that when you press the dough, it leaves your fingers or peels from it, without any dough sticking to your fingers. Obviously, if the dough is sticky, it will stick to your fingers. In case the dough becomes sticky, then add some more flour and knead again.
12. Rub some olive oil all over the dough and keep covered in a bowl. Allow the dough to leaven for 2 to 2:30 hours.
13. Below is the dough after 2 hours. Punch one of your fingers in the dough and the depression should give away. Then you know it is ready.
14. Before making the pizza, knead the dough again.
15. If not using immediately, then wrap the pizza dough tightly in a cling film or an aluminum foil or keep it covered in a closed container in the fridge. You can also freeze the pizza dough and it will stay good for a couple of months.
A Few More Tasty Recipes for You!
- Sandwich Bread:a soft homemade sandwich bread made from whole wheat flour.
- Thin Crust Pizza: one of the best thin crust pizza recipes with a crispy and crunchy handmade crust.
- Pizza Recipe: a super delicious recipe for making an amazing pizza from scratch.
- Making Pizza without an Oven: an easy method to make pizza without an oven by using a skillet on the stovetop
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough Recipe: a simple and easy method to make pizza dough crust from 100% whole wheat flour
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Easy No Yeast Pizza Dough
- 300 to 315 grams / 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or any neutral tasting oil
- ½ cup + 1 to 2 tablespoons water or add as required
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- In a mixing bowl or pan take 3 cups all purpose flour, 300-315 grams flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Mix very well.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Add water in parts.
- Begin to mix and then knead the dough.
- Keep on kneading till you get a soft and smooth dough. Add water in parts. I added ½ cup+ 2 tablespoons water.
- You have to really knead very well. Knead at least for 10 to 12 minutes.
- The dough should become elastic and stretchable. Take a portion and stretch it. The dough should not break.
- The pizza dough should not be sticky but tacky.
- Rub some olive oil all over the dough and keep covered in a bowl. Allow the dough to leaven for 2 to 2:30 hours.
- Punch one of your fingers in the dough and the depression should give away.
- Again knead the dough lightly before using it. If not using immediately, then wrap the dough tightly in a cling film or an aluminium foil or keep it covered in a closed container in the fridge. You can also freeze the pizza dough and it will stay good for a couple of months.
- Add more water if required while kneading the dough.
- Add vinegar instead of lemon juice.
- Any other neutral flavored oil can be used instead of olive oil.
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Baking powder and baking soda cannot be substituted for each other.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later