No yeast pizza dough recipe with step by step photos – easy to prepare pizza dough without yeast.
One of the recipes for which I have got many requests is Pizza dough without yeast. I tried and tested a few recipes with various combinations of flour and baking soda. This recipe posted is after some trials and one which gives a good pizza.
Here I have used all-purpose flour. i did try with wheat flour a couple of times and even half-half of whole wheat flour & all-purpose flour. But the pizza made with whole wheat flour, tasted like chapati pizza. It was like having crisp and thick chapatis topped with pizza sauce, veggies and cheese. However, if you want to make pizza dough with whole wheat flour and yeast then you can check this Whole wheat pizza dough.
The nutty flavor of the whole wheat flour was predominant in the whole wheat pizza. Then I tried with all-purpose flour and I felt the texture and taste to be better than the one with whole wheat flour. For health reasons, of course, you can try making this pizza dough recipe with whole wheat flour also.
In this post I am sharing only the pizza dough recipe. in the next post, I will share Making pizza without oven (on tawa or skillet). With this recipe, you can also bake the pizza in an oven.
If you are looking for similar recipes then do check:
How to make pizza dough recipe no yeast
1. In a mixing bowl or pan take 3 cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon sugar.
2. Add ½ teaspoon baking soda.
3. Then add 1 teaspoon baking powder. mix very well.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Next add 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Substitute 1 tablespoon vinegar if you do not have lemon juice.
6. Add water in parts.
7. Begin to mix.
8. And then knead the dough.
9. Keep on kneading till you get a soft and smooth dough. Add water in parts. I added ½ cup + 2 tablespoons water. You have to really knead very well. Knead atleast for 10 to 12 minutes.
10. The dough should become elastic and stretchable. Take a portion and stretch it. It should not break.
11. The pizza dough should not be sticky but tacky. Tacky means that when you press the dough, it leaves your fingers or peels from it, without any dough sticking to your fingers. Obviously, if the dough is sticky, it will stick to your fingers. In case the dough becomes sticky, then add some more flour and knead again.
12. Rub some olive oil all over the dough and keep covered in a bowl. Allow the dough to leaven for 2 to 2:30 hours.
13. After 2 hours, a pic of the dough. Punch one of your fingers in the dough and the depression should give away.
14. Before making the pizza, knead the dough again.
15. If not using immediately, then cover the pizza dough in an aluminum foil or a keep it covered in a closed container in the fridge. You can also freeze the pizza dough and it will stay good for a month.
no yeast pizza dough
- 3 cups all purpose flour or 300-315 grams all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or any oil
- ½ cup water + 1 to 2 tablespoon water or add as required
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl or pan take 3 cups all purpose flour, 300-315 grams flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon sugar, ½ teaspoon baking soda and 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- Mix very well.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Add water in parts.
- Begin to mix and then knead the dough.
- Keep on kneading till you get a soft and smooth dough. Add water in parts. I added ½ cup+ 2 tablespoons water.
- You have to really knead very well. Knead at least for 10 to 12 minutes.
- The dough should become elastic and stretchable. Take a portion and stretch it. The dough should not break.
- The pizza dough should not be sticky but tacky.
- Rub some olive oil all over the dough and keep covered in a bowl. Allow the dough to leaven for 2 to 2:30 hours.
- Punch one of your fingers in the dough and the depression should give away.
- Again knead the dough lightly before using it. If not using immediately, then cover the dough in an aluminium foil or a keep it covered in a closed container in the fridge. You can also freeze the pizza dough and it will stay good for a month.
- Add more water if required while kneading the dough.
- Add vinegar instead of lemon juice.
- Any other neutral flavored oil can be used instead of olive oil.
- Recipe can be doubled.
- Baking powder and baking soda cannot be substituted for each other.