This Herbed Italian Garlic Mushroom in olive oil is an easy, quick and healthy recipe made with mushrooms, garlic and herbs. A vegan recipe.
As a variation, you could also add baby corns. Adding baby corn makes the dish great and awesome. Without baby corn too this dish tastes great.
This Italian Garlic Mushroom recipe is for a request I got, to post some recipes which use Olive oil.
My first recipe is an Italian one. I discovered this dish in “Il Fungo Magico” – an Italian restaurant in Koregaon Park – a suburb of Pune – Maharashtra, India. In the first go, we liked this dish.
I tried making it similar to the restaurant one and it was a spot on taste exactly like the one we had. There after I have made this dish many times. When I have mushrooms at home and when I want to make quick lunch or dinner, I most of the times end up making this recipe.
Usually, I serve these herbed garlic mushrooms with homemade breads/buns or with rotis (whole wheat Indian flatbreads). This recipe can be doubled as well as tripled.
Few more Mushroom recipes do check:
- Kadai mushroom
- Mushroom fry
- Baked Stuffed Mushrooms
- Spicy Chinese Mushroom in Soy Sauce
- Butter Mushrooms in Herbed Garlic Sauce
Herbed Italian Garlic Mushroom in Olive Oil
- 200 to 250 grams button mushrooms, 1 packet of fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs consisting of thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary, basil and oregano (you can increase or decrease the amount of herbs as per your taste or add your favorite herbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder or as required
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese – optional
- 1 small onion, finely chopped – optional
- salt as required
- Rinse the mushrooms well. Drain.
- Then chop or slice them. Keep aside.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil. Add garlic and saute it for about 30 seconds to a minute. No need to brown the garlic.
- You can add the chopped onion at this stage and saute them till they are translucent.
- Now add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms. The mushrooms will loose water and shrink in size.
- Add the black pepper powder, mixed herbs and salt. Mix these well with the mushrooms.
- When the mushrooms are well browned and have enough shrunk in size, it means they have got cooked. There should be no trace of moisture or water in the mushrooms. The mushrooms should be sauteed till they become golden from the edges or sides. Keep on stirring while sauteing them, for a uniform color.
- Remove them from pan and serve them with garlic bread.
- You can also put a topping of these herbed garlic mushrooms on the garlic bread.
- Another option is that you can top them with grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese and bake or grill in the oven till the cheese melts.
- You can also serve the herbed garlic mushroom wrapped in tortillas. Or you could also serve it with Indian Flatbreads or toasted bread or even buns. This dish can also be served as a side dish.