avocado salad recipe with yogurt dressing – a simple, light side dish for the summers, made with avocado and yogurt. i could have called this recipe an avoacado raita. but since i have actually made a dressing and used less amount of yogurt, i will call it avocado salad with yogurt dressing
now the yogurt dressing is lightly spiced. apart from avocado, i have also added onion, tomato and cucumber. the salad goes very well as a side dish with a vegetarian meal or appetizers.
what you get is a creamy salad with the smoothness of the avocado, crunch of the cucumber, onion, tomato and a hint of the spices.
whenever i buy avocado, i mostly end up making guacamole and the guacamole toast sandwich. sometimes i make a raita or just add the avocado to salads. and on some rare occasions an avocado milkshake. recently i have started making this easy and quick avocado garlic toast recipe for breakfast.
avocado salad recipe with yogurt dressing below:
avocado salad recipe
avocado salad recipe with yogurt dressing - avocado salad with lightly spiced yogurt dressing with indian flavors.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
for the salad:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small to medium onion
- 1 green chili (hari mirch) - optional
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley or coriander leaves
for the dressing:
- 4 to 5 tablespoon full fat yogurt (dahi or curd)
- ½ to 2/3 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) or as required
- 1 pinch red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- salt as required
how to make recipe
- whisk the yogurt till smooth.
- add the olive oil, rest of the ground spices, salt and olive oil.
- whisk very well to create a smooth light sauce dressing.
- olive oil is optional here. keep the dressing aside.
- peel and chop the tomato and cucumber.
- finely chop the onion. chop the green chili too. skip the green chili if you prefer.
- slice the avocado and then remove the large seed. with a spoon, scoop the flesh.
- chop the avocado. keep a few slices for garnish.
- take the chopped avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, onions and green chilies in a mixing bowl.
- pour the dressing and gently toss the salad.
- garnish with chopped coriander or parsley leaves and a few avocado slices.
- serve the avocado salad with yogurt dressing.