avocado salad recipe with yogurt dressing - avocado salad with lightly spiced yogurt dressing with indian flavors.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 2 to 3
for avocado salad
- 1 large avocado
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small to medium onion
- 1 green chili (hari mirch) - optional
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley or coriander leaves
for the dressing
- 4 to 5 tablespoon full fat yogurt (dahi or curd)
- ½ to 2/3 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder (kali mirch powder) or as required
- 1 pinch red chili powder or cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder (bhuna jeera powder)
- salt as required
making yogurt dressing for avocado salad
whisk the yogurt till smooth.
add the olive oil, rest of the ground spices, salt and olive oil.
whisk very well to create a smooth light sauce dressing. olive oil is optional here. keep the dressing aside.
other preparation for avocado salad
peel and chop the tomato and cucumber.
finely chop the onion. chop the green chili too. skip the green chili if you prefer.
slice the avocado and then remove the large seed. with a spoon, scoop the flesh.
chop the avocado. keep a few slices for garnish.
making avocado salad
take the chopped avocado, tomatoes, cucumber, onions and green chilies in a mixing bowl.
pour the dressing and gently toss the salad.
garnish with chopped coriander or parsley leaves and a few avocado slices.
serve the avocado salad with yogurt dressing.
- yogurt dressing is optional and can be skipped.