tomato omelette recipe – here is a one omelette which does not have eggs in it. this tomato omelette is a savior when i am too busy or lazy for the morning breakfasts.
tomato omelette gets done in a jiffy and with some home made brown bread or ready made bread, one gets a healthy as well as nutritious breakfast. other variations are besan cheela, rava cheela and oats cheela recipe.
the tomatoes lend their faint umami flavor and along with the gram flour you get a warm & spiced omelette. here gram flour/besan is used as a base along with the regular indian herbs & spices. few more tomato recipes in the blog are tomato soup, tomato pulao, tomato biryani and tomato rice recipe.
tomato omelette is best served hot with some toasted brown or white bread accompanied with a side coriander chutney or mint chutney or tomato sauce.
the tomato omelette makes for a good breakfast or brunch. you can also make sandwiches with them. in india, we have a club sandwich which has this omelette served between slices along with the other stuffings. its truly good and very filling. they usually serve the club sandwich this way in restaurants here.
Update: due to recent policies of facebook, many of you are not getting update from Veg Recipes of India facebook page. to keep getting updates, kindly go to our facebook page and click on “Liked” option and then select “See First” option under the drop down menu “IN YOUR NEWS FEED“. another option, is to occasionally show interest in our facebook page updates by liking, sharing or commenting in the facebook post. thanks for your continuous support and cooperation.
tomato omelette recipe details below:
- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- 2 medium size tomato, finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- ½ inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ¼ or ½ cup coriander/cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing (optional)
- a pinch of garam masala
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder/haldi (optional)
- 1.5 to 2 cups water
- salt as required
- sunflower oil as required for cooking the omelette
- mix all the ingredients together, except oil.
- make a medium consistency batter.
- heat a tava or a flat pan.
- smear some oil, about 1 tsp on the pan.
- with a large spoon pour the batter on the pan.
- spread it lightly with the back of the spoon.
- the technique is like the way we make pancakes.
- you can even rotate and tilt the pan.
- add some oil drops on the edges & top of the omelette.
- flip and cook the other side.
- cook the tomato omelette till both sides are cooked.
- serve tomato omelette with brown bread or buns and some coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media