kulfi falooda recipe – one of the popular summer dessert equally loved by kids and adults alike.
falooda and kulfi are popular in most regions of india. they are ideal for summers as they are cooling as well as delicious. but the combo of kulfi with falooda is to take these desserts to another level.
kulfi falooda is a delicious, cooling and filling dessert. i have also posted the step by step recipes of kulfi, mango falooda and falooda. the difference in kulfi falooda and regular falooda is that whereas regular falooda is a dessert drink made with or without ice cream. kulfi falooda is a frozen dessert, topped with falooda sev along with rose syrup and dry fruits.
falooda sev is corn starch vermicelli that is added in this dessert. just prepare the falooda sev as per the instructions on the pack.you can make the kulfi at home or buy from outside. i made kulfi falooda many times in this summer season with mawa kulfi and mango kulfi.
soaked sabja seeds (sweet basil seeds) are also added to this dessert for their cooling nature. you can check this post on how to soak sabja seeds. apart from it, dry fruits make it more healthy and filling. one just needs to assemble everything. so i am not posting step by step photos in this post.
kulfi falooda recipe below:
- soak the sabja seeds in enough water for 30 mins.
- once they swell, strain and keep aside. you can also refrigerate the soaked seeds.
- prepare the falooda sev according to package instructions.
- if cooking the falooda sev, then once cooked, rinse the cooked falooda sev in water. drain and keep them aside. let them cool completely.
- add 1 tbsp sabja seeds in a bowl or serving plate.
- add 1 to 1.5 tbsp falooda sev.
- remove the kulfi from the moulds. slice them into 2 or 4 slices.
- place each kulfi with its slices on top of the falooda and sabja seeds.
- pour ½ tbsp of rose syrup. sprinkle the dry fruits.
- serve kulfi falooda immediately.