Cold coffee recipe with step by step photos. Cold coffee is a shake made by blending coffee with milk and sugar. It is a popular cold beverage liked by many people and very much in demand during hot summers.
Now most folks know how to make a cold coffee. Here in this post, I am sharing the way I make cold coffee, which gives you a Nice coffee flavored frothy layer on top. Much like the cold coffee you get in cafe outlets like cafe coffee day.
At home, we are tea drinkers and not coffee. The only beverages we like with coffee is the South Indian style Filter coffee and this cold coffee.
I have not used ice cream in this cold coffee recipe as most of the times I make this way. And a vanilla ice cream may or may not be there at home.
While preparing coffee beverages, usually coffee, milk and hot water is beaten with a spoon, till the concoction becomes light & frothy. Here I have used the blender to do the same job. Making milkshake with this frothy coffee concoction tastes much better, then when you just blend everything directly.
I have used instant coffee powder. you can also make the decoction with any ground coffee beans. For this you will need to heat water. Then brew through a percolator or french press or even our very South Indian coffee filter.
Serve cold coffee straight away as its made. if you have vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream or choco chip ice cream, you could also add an ice cream scoop in it. Or you can check this recipe of Coffee milkshake Where ice cream is added to cold coffee.
Cold coffee recipe video
How to make cold coffee
1. In a bowl take 1 tbsp instant coffee.
2. Add ¼ cup warm water. Stir very well. To make the shake, i used full cream milk. You can also use skimmed milk or low fat milk. If using skimmed milk or low-fat milk, then just reduce the ¼ cup water to about 2 to 3 tbsp.
3. Add the coffee solution in a blender jar. For pics I took coffee+warm water in a bowl. You can directly add both to a blender or mixer jar.
4. Add 3 to 4 tbsp sugar.
5. Blend for a minute or till the coffee solution becomes frothy and the color fades to a lighter brown shade.
6. Add 6 to 7 ice cubes. For a thick cold coffee, you can reduce the ice cubes from 2 to 4.
7. Pour 2 cups chilled milk (500 ml).
8. Blend once more till everything is mixed well and you get a nice frothy layer on top.
9. Pour in glasses and Serve cold coffee immediately. the froth on top settles down and reduces with time. So serve immediately.
If you are looking for more Beverages then do check:
If you made this recipe, please be sure to rate it in the recipe card below. Sign Up for my email newsletter or you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest or Twitter for more vegetarian inspirations.
Cold Coffee (Cafe Style Recipe)
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee - powder or granules
- ¼ cup warm water
- 3 to 4 tablespoon raw sugar or add as required
- 2 cups milk - cold or chilled
- 6 to 8 ice cubes or as needed - optional
- In a blender take your instant coffee, raw sugar, add warm water.
- Blend for a minute or until the coffee solution becomes frothy and the brown color lightens a bit.
- Add 6 to 7 ice cubes. For a thick cold coffee, you can reduce the ice cubes from 2 to 4.
- Pour 2 cups cold milk.
- Whole milk gives a slightly thicker consistency and is richer. You can opt to make the cold coffee with skimmed milk or low-fat milk. If you decided to add either, then reduce the ¼ cup water to about 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Blend for 1 to 2 minutes or until the milk is mixed evenly with the coffee concoction and you see a nice frothy layer on top.
- Pour in glasses and serve cold coffee. The frothy top layer will settle into the beverage as it sits, so it’s best to enjoy blended iced coffee right away.
Ingredient and Recipe Notes
- Coffee: Use your favorite brand of Instant Coffee. The instant coffee can be finely ground or in granules.
- Sweetener: Use your preferred sweetener. I always add raw sugar but you can experiment with various types of sugar like palm or coconut sugar or sweeteners like maple syrup or honey.
- More coffee: If you prefer a stronger and slightly bitter taste in your cold coffee, increase the amount of instant coffee to 1.5 or 2 tablespoon.
- Scaling: This recipe yields approximately 2 beverages that are 8 to 10 oz each. You can double ingredients for larger drinks or more servings.
- Make a rich Coffee Milkshake: You can swap the ice cubes for a scoop of vanilla ice cream to make a thicker and creamy milkshake-like cold coffee. Here is a full Coffee Milkshake recipe you might want to check out!
- Make it rich and creamy: Add about ¼ cup of light or whipping cream while blending to make your cold coffee rich and creamy. You may need to add some sugar if you include cream. So do check the taste after the coffee is blended and add more sugar as needed.
- Make it low fat: Use skimmed milk or your preferred low fat milk. If using skimmed milk or low-fat milk, then just reduce the ¼ cup water to about 2 to 3 tablespoons.
- Make it vegan: Substitute your preferred plant milk, such as almond milk, oat milk, or soy milk to make a vegan-friendly blended iced coffee shake.
- Make flavored blended cold coffee: Feel free to add a 1 ounce shot of your favorite flavored syrup to the recipe. You can make a vanilla, hazelnut, or amaretto coffee shake – whatever you like!
- Make Mocha Cold Coffee: For a chocolate mocha cold coffee, add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup before you blend for a second time.
Nutrition Info Approximate values
Like our videos? Then do follow and subscribe to us on youtube to get the latest Recipe Video updates.
All our content & photos are copyright protected. Please do not copy. As a blogger, if you you want to adapt this recipe or make a youtube video, then please write the recipe in your own words and give a clickable link back to the recipe on this url.
Like this Recipe?
Pin it Now to Remember it Later