Urad Dal Dosa Recipe – This Dosa recipe is simple, easy and requires no fermentation. I have not used rice or rice flour in this recipe. Make sure to serve the urad dal dosas hot as they may become a little dry once they cool down.
I have been fond of Dosas since my childhood. I have to make them once or twice in a week. I can have dosas without any sabzi/bhaji or chutney. Just simple tea or coffee with dosas is enough for me.
Urad Dal Dosa Recipe below:
- 1 cup urad dal/spilt black gram
- 3-4 fenugreek seeds/methi seeds
- ¼ cup water
- oil or ghee
- Clean the urad dal in water. Soak it with fenugreek seeds, overnight or for 6 hours.
- Grind them the next day. While grinding add some water from the ¼ cup of water. Grind them finely.
- Add some more water if the batter is too thick or if you are unable to spread the dosa.
- On a non-stick tava or thick iron griddle, make the urad dal dosas, the way you would normally make dosas with oil or ghee.
- Serve Urad Dal Dosa hot with coconut chutney or sambar.
How to make Urad Dal Dosa Recipe:
1: Clean the urad dal in water. Soak it with methi (fenugreek) seeds, overnight or for 6 hours.
2: Grind them the next day. While grinding add some water from the 1/4 cup of water. Grind them finely. Add salt. If the batter is too thick, you could add some more water. But don’t make the batter thin as it will be difficult spreading the dosas on the griddle.
3: On a non-stick tava or thick iron griddle, make the urad dal dosas, the way you would normally make dosas with oil or ghee.Install Free iOS App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media