tandoori aloo or aloo tikka recipe – another popular tandoori dish at home. the tandoori aloo makes for a great starter or snack for any occasion.
vegetarian tandoori dishes like paneer tikka, paneer tikka masala, mushroom tikka, mushroom tikka masala are favorite at home. now i don’t have a tandoor at home, but i do make tandoori dishes in the oven.
tandoori snacks or appetizers are marinated in a spiced yogurt mixture and then baked in the tandoor or in the oven. so is the case with tandoori aloo or tandoori potatoes. i have used yogurt in the recipe but not dairy yogurt.
the tandoori aloo taste awesome with baby potatoes, but you can make these with regular potatoes too.
also i have not used any tandoori masala. garam masala works fine instead of tandoori masala and if it is a homemade garam masala then nothing like it.
tandoori aloo or tandoori tikka recipe below:
- rinse the baby potatoes well. do not peel them.
- parboil these in a pan or pressure cooker for 1-2 whistles. halve them into two.
- mix everything with the yogurt except oil.
- now marinate the baby potatoes with the yogurt and keep for 1 hour in the fridge.
- grease a pan or tray and bake the aloos with some oil drizzled for 25-30 minutes for 180 degrees C.
- sprinkle some black salt, chaat masala and lemon juice or lemon slices.
- serve tandoori aloo hot with some mint chutney.