tandoori aloo or aloo tikka recipe – another popular tandoori dish at home. the tandoori aloo makes for a great starter or snack for any occasion.
vegetarian tandoori dishes like paneer tikka, paneer tikka masala, mushroom tikka, mushroom tikka masala are favorite at home. now i don’t have a tandoor at home, but i do make tandoori dishes in the oven.
tandoori snacks or appetizers are marinated in a spiced yogurt mixture and then baked in the tandoor or in the oven. so is the case with tandoori aloo or tandoori potatoes. i have used yogurt in the recipe but not dairy yogurt.
the whole marination has been done in cashew yogurt. you can use the regular dairy hung yogurt or thick yogurt too. you can also check this step by step aloo tikka recipe where the marination has been done in thick curd.
the tandoori aloo taste awesome with baby potatoes, but you can make these with regular potatoes too.
also i have not used any tandoori masala. garam masala works fine instead of tandoori masala and if it is a homemade garam masala then nothing like it.
tandoori aloo or tandoori tikka recipe below:
- rinse the baby potatoes well. do not peel them.
- parboil these in a pan or pressure cooker for 1-2 whistles. halve them into two.
- mix everything with the yogurt except oil.
- now marinate the baby potatoes with the yogurt and keep for 1 hour in the fridge.
- grease a pan or tray and bake the aloos with some oil drizzled for 25-30 minutes for 180 degrees C.
- sprinkle some black salt, chaat masala and lemon juice or lemon slices.
- serve tandoori aloo hot with some mint chutney.
Follow us on Social Media