sukha puri recipe with step by step photos – sukha puri is one of those snacks which we often ask the street food vendor (we would called them as bhaiya ji in mumbai) as a complimentary snack after having any street food snack like pani puri, sev puri, ragda patties etc. also the vendors easily serves this snack complimentary to their regular customers.
even though sukha puri is served free or complimentary, i know of some folks who prefer to have just a plain snack of sukha puri. its also a nice way to use left over pani puris.
sukha puri can be made two ways. one is with a potato stuffing and other is with a ragda stuffing. in the recipe post, i have shared the method with potato stuffing. basically its not a recipe as such and any one can prepare sukha puri and even kids. i share all types of recipes whether they are super easy or very difficult to prepare. no discrimination there ?
to make sukha puri, you just need puri (golgappa puri), boiled potatoes and the usual chaat assortments. puri can be made at home or brought from outside. if you plan to make at home, then you can check this detailed post on how to make puri for pani puri.
sukha puri can also be made as a party snack or as a quick evening snack.
sukha puri recipe card below:
sukha puri recipe
sukha puri recipe - street food snack made with pani puri, boiled potatoes, spices and sev.
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 20 to 25 pani puris OR golgappa puris
- 1 large potato or 2 medium potatoes- boiled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch powder) or add as per taste
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- ½ teaspoon amchur powder (dry mango powder) or add as per taste
- black salt as required
- chaat masala as required
- sev as required
- some coriander leaves for garnish
- lemon juice as required
how to make recipe?
peel and chop 1 large boiled potato.
add ½ teaspoon red chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, ½ teaspoon amchur powder and black salt as required. if you do not want to mix these spices with the potato, then you can also sprinkle them on top later.
mix very well.
now take the pooris on a serving plate or tray. with a small spoon or with your fingers crack the pooris from top.
stuff the potatoes in the pooris.
sprinkle some chaat masala on top of the pooris.
now add sev in the pooris.
garnish with coriander leaves and drizzle some lemon juice from top.
serve sukha puri immediately.
- you can top the pooris with some finely chopped onions, finely chopped tomatoes and green chilies if you want.
- some fresh curd sweetened with sugar can also be added.
how to make sukha puri recipe:
1. peel and chop 1 large boiled potato.
2. add ½ teaspoon red chili powder, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, ½ teaspoon amchur powder and black salt as required. if you do not want to mix these spice powders with the potatoes, then you can also sprinkle them on top later.
3. mix very well.
4. now take the pooris on a serving plate or tray. with a small spoon or with your fingers crack the pooris from top.
5. stuff the potatoes in the pooris.
6. sprinkle some chaat masala on top of the pooris.
7. now add sev in the pooris.
8. garnish with coriander leaves and drizzle some lemon juice from top.
9. serve sukha puri immediately.