murmura chaat or puffed rice chaat is a light and healthy snack. there are days when you want to eat light food. i made these lightly spiced puffed rice ( murmura chaat) on such a day.
we just had this and some fruits this day. may be the travelling back home from coimbatore was taking a toll on us.
i also kept the spicing, flavoring light. i did not add roasted gram or peanuts or onions to the puffed rice (murmura).
just lightly roasted the puffed rice with some turmeric, asafoetida, black salt and curry leaves.
added some chopped boiled potatoes and topped with a little sev. and the light chaat was ready.
feel free to add various tidbits to the puffed rice the way you or your family likes. to make this you will need puffed rice which is also called as murmura in hindi.
the other ingredients for murmura chaat are easily available in any indian kitchen. fine sev ( fried gram flour vermicelli ) can be given a miss if you don’t have them.
make a whole lot and store in an air-tight jar… of course minus the potatoes… you can munch these whenever you want.
murmura chaat recipe details below:
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 medium size potato, boiled, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric/haldi
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1 sprig curry leaves/kadi patta
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 or 2 tbsp fine sev
- black salt as required
- heat oil. lower the flame and add the curry leaves.
- fry for a minute. add the turmeric and asafoetida.
- stir and immediately add the puffed rice.
- roast the puffed rice till they become crisp. do not brown them.
- add black salt.
- when serving murmura chaat, add some boiled potatoes and top up with sev.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media