cabbage coleslaw recipe – i made this coleslaw to go with some homemade veg burgers. the leftover coleslaw, we had them in sandwiches.
i have used only cabbage and spring onions in the coleslaw and did not add carrots. you can add grated carrots if you prefer. i used a store brought mayonnaise to make the coleslaw. you can use homemade too if you have it.
this is an easy coleslaw recipe and gets done quickly if you have food processor for shredding the cabbage. otherwise shredding the cabbage with a knife also works well.
coleslaw is a salad which is said to have originated from netherlands. basically its a cabbage salad which has a mayonnaise dressing or sour cream in some instances.
coleslaw can be had as a side dish like salads or even added as filling in burgers and sandwiches. when i make burgers or sandwiches, i usually end up making coleslaw. if you want to use coleslaw in sandwich then you can check this veg coleslaw sandwich recipe. the other way we like coleslaw is with some french fries wrapped in bread or buns and dressed with some mustard and coleslaw.
cabbage coleslaw recipe details below:
cabbage coleslaw recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (patta gobhi)
- ¼ or ½ cup chopped spring onions (scallions or onions)
- ¼ to ½ cup grated carrot (gajar) - optional
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise, eggless or vegan
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice or as required
- 1 teaspoon sugar or as required
- salt as required
- black pepper as required
how to make recipe
- in a mixing bowl, take the mayonnaise first.
- then add the lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper.
- stir and mix well.
- then add the cabbage and spring onions.
- mix again very well.
- serve or use the cabbage coleslaw in your sandwiches or burgers.
- you can also refrigerate the cabbage coleslaw for 2-3 days.
if you prefer, you can increase the quantity of the mayonnaise.