here is a again a simple and easy recipe of bhindi bhaji or bhindi sabzi. in konkani language we call it bhende chi bhaji.
english translation of this recipe would be okra dry curry. this is one of my mom’s excellent recipes for making bhindi.
here the besides the regular indian flavors, the okra or bhindi is also subtly flavored by the aroma of fennel powder.
bhindi bhaji recipe details below:
- 250 gms bhindi or okra or lady finger
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 medium or large sized onion, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp fennel/saunf powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder (dhania)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- a pinch or two of dry mango powder/amchur powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt as required
- few chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- rinse the bhindi (okra) well with water.
- dry each bhindi with kitchen napkin.
- remove the head and the tail and chop the bhindi into round pieces.
- heat oil in pan or wok.
- fry the onions till transparent.
- now add the green chili and tomatoes.
- saute them for a couple of minutes till the tomatoes become soft.
- add all the dry spice powders one by one.
- stir and then add bhindi/okra.
- mix well.
- add salt.
- place a lid with a rim on the pan or kadai.
- pour water on the lid.
- cook the bhindi till done on medium to low flame.
- keep on checking in between so that the bhindi bhaji or sabzi does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- when the bhindi is cooked, then garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve bhindi bhaji hot.
Install Free Android App for Veg Recipes of India Recipes
Share this recipe - Spread the joy of cooking
Follow us on Social Media