collection of 21 methi recipes – methi or fenugreek leaves is one of the healthiest greens and abundantly available in india.
many people are fond of methi because of its many health benefits. its always recommended to include healthy greens like methi, kale, spinach or palak or amaranth in the diet.
i know also know many people who don’t like methi because of its bitter taste. however, the bitter taste in methi can be reduced by just mixing some salt with the methi leaves. keep this mixture covered for 15 to 20 minutes and then squeeze the leaves. this method does reduce the bitterness of the methi leaves. usually in india, we don’t get very bitter leaves. so i just add them directly.
sharing 21 indian recipes that are made with fenugreek leaves.
you can also check these veggie recipes collections:
- collection of 22 bhindi recipes
- collection of 60 potato recipes
- collection of 27 palak recipes
- collection of 18 baingan recipes
21 methi recipes
1. aloo methi – potatoes with fenugreek leaves made in punjabi style. simple home cooked food with minimal ingredients. vegan and gluten free.
2. methi matar malai – popular punjabi north indian curry made with fenugreek leaves, green peas (matar) and fresh cream (malai). gluten free recipe.
3. methi rice recipe – nutritious pulao made with fenugreek leaves and mix vegetables.
4. methi paratha – these fenugreek flat breads are healthy alternative to plain parathas and packed with more flavors and nutrition.
5. methi thepla – flat breads made from fresh fenugreek leaves, whole wheat flour and gram flour can be munched anytime of the day. makes for a healthy breakfast, tiffin or picnic brunches.
6. methi paneer – easy paneer curry recipe with bitter hints of fresh fenugreek leaves in a tangy tomato based gravy.
7. methi bhaji recipe – simple, healthy and yet tasty recipe of methi bhaji or methi sabzi. i have added potatoes, but you can skip them. if packing for tiffin and staying in a hot climate, then don’t add coconut.
8. methi dal recipe – dal simmered and spiced with fenugreek leaves. the slight bitterness of the fenugreek leaves gets balanced with the subtle sweetness of the dal. vegan recipe.
9. methi chaman recipe – a delicious curry dish from the kashmiri cuisine made with methi, paneer and palak. since methi leaves are used, the gravy has some bitter tones. there is some bitterness but not too much of it. addition of palak (spinach) does help in balancing the bitterness of the methi leaves.
11. methi chole – spiced and tasty punjabi curry with fresh fenugreek leaves and chickpeas.
12. methi muthia – steamed & fried dumplings made from chickpea flour and fenugreek leaves.
13. methi puri – crisp and spiced puris made with whole wheat flour, fenugreek leaves and spices.
14. methi aloo – made with baby methi leaves and potatoes – less bitter, crunchy with full flavors from the baby fenugreek leaves. vegan.
15. aloo gobi methi tuk – dry spiced curry made with sauteed potatoes, cauliflower and fresh fenugreek leaves. a delicious recipe from the sindhi cuisine. vegan.
16. methi missi roti – a traditional north indian flat bread made with whole wheat flour, gram flour, fenugreek leaves and spices.
17. methi pakora – spiced fresh fenugreek leaves fritters with gram flour.
18. methi na gota (methi pakoras) – gujarati tea time snack made from besan (gram flour) and fenugreek leaves. vegan.
19. saag paneer – cottage cheese with spinach and fenugreek greens. gluten free.
20. chana dal methi paratha – indian flat bread made from leftover chana dal and freshly chopped fenugreek leaves.
21. methi mushroom – restaurant style curried dish made with button mushrooms and fenugreek leaves. gluten free.