apple pomegranate juice recipe – easy and healthy juice recipe to give you a quick boost of energy. good for summers when we often get drained and tired.
this post was in drafts from a long time and since summers are starting in india, i thought of sharing this juice recipe. both these fruits are known for their health benefits. pomegranate is good source of vitamin C and vitamin K. apple is also a good source of vitamin C and we all have heard how eating apple everyday will keep the doctor away :-). two more drinks you can make with pomegranate are pomegranate juice and pomegranate mint cooler.
the juice needs to be made in an electric juicer. i used the juicer attachment which came with the mixer grinder. there is no need to add any sugar or sweetener in this juice. i usually add a pinch of black salt to the juice i make at home. skip if you do not have black salt.
i never buy ready made juices from outside. as per ayurveda, fruits as well as fruit juices have to be consumed fresh. moreover with time the taste of many fruit juices starts changing. in the ready made juices there is a lot of sugar and preservatives added. even if i have to make a fruit based dish which uses juices, i make the juice at home and then add it to the recipe. you can have a look at this collection of 17 fruit juices and fruit squash recipes.
apple pomegranate juice recipe below:
apple pomegranate juice recipe
ingredients (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 medium to large apples (seb)
- 2 medium to large pomegranates (anar)
- 2 to 3 pinches of black salt (optional)
- ice cubes (optional)
how to make apple pomegranate juice recipe
- chop the pomegranate into two. remove the pomegranate arils.
- peel, core and chop the apples.
- first add the apples in the feeder tube of the juicer and extract the juice.
- then add the pomegranate arils and extract the juice.
- pour the juice in glasses.
- sprinkle a pinch of black salt in each glass and serve the apple pomegranate juice immediately with or without ice cubes.